A funny day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny day

Its funny how when we are drinking we think we are having fun and often people who quit think they would have much more fun with a drink inside them.
    On Sunday I had friends round for lunch. The two men drank lots, my friend a small amount and I drank coffee and cola. After lunch the two men just fell asleep, whilst my friend and I chatted and played with the kids.
    My OH got up to say goodbye to our friends had a snack and went back to bed. I was caffeined out and up till 1 am, but with no one to play with.
    Who says drinking makes you socialible and fun to be with? :H
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

A funny day

Only those who need to justify their drinking, love.
    The feeling of being in control of our actions, our day, our LIFE, is wonderful, cathartic, liberating. We experience every minute, because our time is finite, so why spend it 'altered'? Being able to jump in the car any time, be in control of ourselves, know we are making rational, sober decisions is a joy.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

A funny day

Sheri;959034 wrote: that got me to thinking how if only we could switch up what we say to ourselves, drinking would not seem as attractive. For example, saying "sunny days make me want to have a hangover" (which will be the outcome if I drink), the thought of drinking suddenly loses it's appeal, at least for me it does. Once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed being able to outsmart my inner junkie.

Sheri
      That's a GREAT way to think of it.

"Sunny days make me want to lie to my family."
      "Sunny days make me want to risk killing someone with my car."
      "Sunny days make me want to feel fat and bloated."
      "Sunny days make me want to yell at my kids for no reason."

I could go on and on. :H

Thanks for sharing this way of thinking. It will definitely be useful for me!

Comment

A funny day

new, that's the spirit! Think of the negatives, instead of the ?positives? from drinking!!

Sunny days make my family not trust me.
        Sunny days make my grandchildren look at me strangely.
        Sunny days make me wake up on the floor of the bathroom.
        Sunny days make me unable to walk upright.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

A funny day

I will try this out! Maybe another thing I can use to help me stay where I need to be. Thanks

Comment

A funny day

This post really made me smile. I am so happy for you goingsobermum!

Angel
            Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

A funny day

Such clever ideas, and how right. Definitely for the next 'craving' day!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

A funny day

This is all so true! Anymore, when I hear friends or associates say that they want to have a drink to celebrate an accomplishment or achievement, I say to myself, "What the heck for?" Only to feel miserable and self-defeated afterwards? No, Thanks!
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

A funny day

Great attitude, Pag!
                  sigpic

Comment

A funny day

Great points! I think it is that "Frontal Lobe" thing! The first spot in our brain that alcohol puts to sleep is our frontal lobe. As we know, this is the center of reason and decision making, our center of accountability, if you will. When we are drinking, we may think we are the life of the party, we may think that we feel easy, breezy, but the fact is we usually end up behaving like fools and making poor decisions to boot!

Besides, it is far better when we can actually "Remember" the Party!
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

A funny day

Kate, I always thought I had a WONDERFUL singing voice when drinking. NOT!!
                      sigpic

Comment

A funny day

rubywillow;959242 wrote: Kate, I always thought I had a WONDERFUL singing voice when drinking. NOT!!
                        Oh gosh! Thank goodness I never thought that, it would have been sure to get me arrested! :H
                        Suz
                        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Working...
                        X