Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pregnant, small fetal head circumference...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, everyone, I'm new to this site, posting because I'm 32 weeks pregnant and worried about my baby, and wanted to share. I haven't drunk any alcohol since I found out I was pregnant, which was about a week or so after my last menstrual period. But in the few weeks before that, I was definitely drinking pretty much every night, several glasses of wine or beers in the evenings. I figured that what's done is done, no point worrying about it, and I'd mostly succeeded in staying calm; but on my first ultrasound, at around 22 weeks, they said the head was measuring small in proportion. They did a follow-up a few weeks later, and said that it had grown the right amount in the mean time, but there was still a gap between the head circumference and the body measurements: body is in 30th percentile, head is 5th or lower. The doctor didn't seem worried, said some kids just have smaller heads, probably it's nothing. But they wanted to do yet another ultrasound all the same, but I couldn't see the point; they can't do anything anyway. But I have to admit, I'm now freaking out, somewhere between a little and majorly. I know, it's very common for people to drink before they know they're pregnant; this was unplanned, I had no idea; and I have 2 beautiful older daughters, both totally healthy (and with nice big heads and plenty of smarts), and in both cases, I'd been drinking wine in the evenings before knowing i was pregnant. BUT: I'm still freaking out!! Did some internet searches, which were the opposite of reassuring. What if my baby has FAS? Or some other horrible thing? AAAARGH!!!

up, I don't know where you are in the world, but a competent doctor could give you more information about the measures you've mentioned. At your stage in the pregnancy, this baby's coming. So, since you've been been given little or worrying info, pray for the best. I can't see where there is anything else to do now, but I believe you will both come through this, OK? Every child who comes into this world has a struggle, as will yours, but hold on to the best of hope, love.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

If your baby has FAS you will love it just the same.
      The chances are very high that your baby will be fine. Ultrasound is not terribly accurate, but it does a very good job of frightening lots of people.
      A little story about handicap.
      I know a lady who was devestated when he baby was born with downs syndrome but they found raising their baby so rewarding that they went and adopted another abandoned downs baby.
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Up,

Please stop worrying.

My granddaughter had a small head, too. Her mama drank for the first 2 months because she did not know she was pregnant.

My granddaughter has outgrown her cousins, is doing fine in school and doing well.

At the end of the day, you love them, no matter what, yes?

Peanut heads.

My middle bro had one. He has a 180+ iq. You just never know.

Let life play itself out and stop worrying.

Enjoy your pregnancy, sober.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Up, for starters if you stopped drinking a week after your last period, you wouldn't even have been pregnant, so drink couldn't be an issue really. Secondly, I have 4 children and with 3 of them I was driven up the walls by 'problems with scans'. They were all false alarms - one of my babies, my first actually, they thought was dead in my womb because they couldn't detect a heartbeat for a week, I could go on and on. Stop worrying, like Cinders says, all babies are different shapes and sizes, what did our mothers and grandmothers do before scans? They sailed thro their pregnancies oblivious of potential problems and were left able to enjoy their pregnancies. Put it out of your head and look forward to the birth of your lovely little baby
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Uprosethesun

I agree with Mollyka, the scans are not always accurate and although a useful tool they can cause alot of unnecessary worry. I had scans every 2 weeks towards the end of my twin pregnancy and at one point was told that the water in one sac was insufficient. When sent to see the consultant I was bemused when she took a metal ear trumpet to listen to the water and declared there wasn't a problem....guess who was right? Yes the consultant with her low tech device was more accuate than the computer system! Was also repeatedly told that my daughter was heavier than her brother according to the scans but it was the other way round when they were born, she just had long legs!

Also I wouldn't think that several glasses of wine a night so early in the pregnancy would cause problems so stop feeling guilty!

Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy and stop worrying about something that might not be and even if it is there is nothing you can do to change it.
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Molly is right. You don't conceive until about 2 week after your period starts and it sounds like you were already stopped by then. I would follow their advice in case there is something they need to know about before delivery. They are doing all sorts of things now including intrauterine treatments. It is likely, tho, that this is just a smaller than average head on average length baby. Who knows? maybe it is the head that is right and the body is long and you aren't as far along as you thought. lots of possibilities about which you can do nothing except take good care of yourself and ask questions. Great job on staying off alcohol while pregnant.
              This is another cautionary tale of why it is important for women not to drink if they even just suspect they may be pregnant.
              All the best
              Sunny

Comment

Small fetal head

Hi everyone,

This reply is for all people who are going through an ordeal during pregnancy.I am 29 year old and I have a healthy son and daughter. My first pregnancy was totally a normal one.my son born healthy and his was weight(8 pounds). I got pregnant again when my son was 6 month old.it was an unwanted pregnancy. But me and my husband did not want to terminate the pregnancy.Things were fine until I went for 16 week sonogram. During ultrasound the technician found bilateral choroid plexus cyst,echogenic foci in the heart and small fetal head and no other structural abnormalities.we were panicked and I was depressed for a while. We both went for genetic councellling but both of us never had any family history of genetic diseases.

Genetic councilor had discussed about the possibilities of amniocentesis ,fetal MRI and even terminating pregnancy.I could not take any decision at that time.I couldnt meet the high risk OB due to insurance issue.so they advised to me see the doctor after 3 weeks along with abd ultra sound results.
                I had my level II ultrasound at 19weeks. By 19 week cysts and echogenic foci has disappeared . Still the baby head was two weeks behind
                it's growth. We meet with the doctor who was a very knowledgeable and nice person. He told us may be it is bse of small head runs in families and we must repeat ultrasound every 4weeks to monitor fetal growth. I had to go for ultrasound every four weeks until 37 week of pregnancy.fetal head was growing but it was always two week behind it's growth pattern. It was too late for amniocentesis .I decided to do c- section. I was so nervous to see my daughter because I was anticipating a baby with small head. God is great. My beautiful daughter was born on sep5 th 2011 at11.22am and she was 6pound10ounces.And her head circumference was normal and she was perfectly normal.
                I believe the fact that Ultrasound measurements are not always correct and the fetal position and experience of technician plays an important role in getting accurate measurements. Please don't get panic like I did. I know it is easy to say that don't get panic and nervous
                but please be positive and keep good confidence. You will be the winner .

Thank you.....

Comment

Your baby will be healthy. sending my love to you. Bella xxxx

Comment

ywry wwwtnjhgkszk

I don't believe that enduring as the universe, also do not believe that we can come to the end, just like the light of the damage, slowly leave you, slowly from your life, the world away endeep com tr/mayo/raybansaviators asp]ray bans aviators gmetiket com/raybansunglassesforwomen html]ray ban sunglasses for women They tackle the specific food preparation together with writeup event cleaning performs fermat com tr/raybancockpit php]ray ban cockpit asateneke com/rayban2132 asp]ray ban 2132 ?Eastern Shore Center farukyuksel com/raybanseyeglasses html]ray bans eyeglasses avmarka com/raybanglassesforwomen php]ray ban glasses for women If the bag has a number and it looks like a real one, that is, it can be properly and logically explain (and not get a shaggy year), unfortunately, it does not mean that the bag is 100% original alevinefesleri com/raybanwayfarerpolarized php]ray ban wayfarer polarized At night, she is a sum of all the joy and pleasure to write in the diary ;sitting on the bed, the left hand holding his right, earphone again came the first taste ;faint to sleep, dreams he holding her hand, watching the scenery kizilay-konyasube org tr/raybanoutdoorsman asp]ray ban outdoorsman gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses Green river, calm like ghost, cool, like the sad fishes gather mol-elastomer com tr/raybaneyeglassframes asp]ray ban eyeglass frames ray ban aviator sunglasses He is always with great care and they keep the proper distance mayaform com tr/raybancats asp]ray ban cats ray ban cats 5000 I like a strange place, long travel, to know the story of others bilgisayarevi com tr/raybanclubmastersunglasses htm]ray ban clubmaster sunglasses
                    qgrtbeai intursab org/raybanaviatorsizes asp zclieedt

Comment

xxno xwigvpioiadg

I be confound at, tears were frightened to go back gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses There are different types of designer knock offs sahreklam com/vintageraybans asp]vintage ray bans kiraz com/wayfarerrayban php]wayfarer ray ban Androgens can cause acne areas by Atlanta Falcons Snapback Hats increasing Atlanta Falcons Snapback Hats the amount of oil launch on Oakland Raiders New Orleans Hornets Snapback Hats Snapback Hats the baseball hats epidermis asateneke com/rayban2132 asp]ray ban 2132 medarteknik com/raybanlenses asp]ray ban lenses The location was also great, a short walk across the highway kesici com/blackraybans html]black ray bans Always love in such a lonely night, turned up in the past, those who are themselves deep in the heart of the past, get, have, lost, a dream feeling rnd gen tr/polarizedraybans php]polarized ray bans fethimagara com/raybansunglassesformen asp]ray ban sunglasses for men I have no just junior high school's arrogance, i saw a boy, said neuropathy oneriofisi com/raybanrb4147 html]ray ban rb4147 ray ban sunglasses cheap Chicago is in a lot better shape at tackle than they were last season at this time of year jokertasimacilik com/raybaneyeglassesforwomen asp]ray ban eyeglasses for women ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses Until one day, you learned how to let the boy care about yourself, you have learned how to get the girl with his relation to depth further, you start thinking about your ideal of what he should be like, and for those who really love you don meet your boys cold said a voice over, you start with a maybe you are not too likes but should be able to follow their own bed girl tried to develop a relationship, you no longer like a child to care about his past, you can because of those too and really angry with him, because their hearts are very understand you, everyone for a period of not erase the past, there is always some small residues still remain in the hearts of the corner, then you begin to compromise and concession, not love, the first kiss is good, not be the first good, nor even the first, that no child had also calculates well, forget her, don contact, non contact must take i deceive in the past, he had even now there are many girlfriends were ignored, she had over how the past didn mention again, this it seems like everyone become indifferent never mind, it become mature or generosity, but you know what the world is not complete and not beautiful, only you understand all your critical of you she has no meaning, in the end she hurt hurt himself, as a practical focus on now love, the so-called pure and perfect have buried it in the memory of and then you begin to have a variety of purposes, to spend his money, on her bed, in order to have beautiful vanity, in order to find a roommate envy guy to show their charm, you at all to his people don let her go, and not because of love but because of cannot be abandoned her or wanted to sleep with her erratic heart, you no matter whether the man in front of him really love you but i have to pay so much that he stumbled down the road, then you begin to have all sorts of expectations, would you want him to be a little more handsome one, you will want her to be more white a little chest is a little bit more, you begin to raise his various requirements, and allows him to buy all kinds of things, you let her in a variety of ways to lose weight whitening to breast, may all the love and didn have all been reality and appearance are buried, leaving only a vanity, a unwilling, a desire and a lonely only this time is it right? milkcorn com/raybanvision html]ray ban vision
                      pucisjpr guvercinhastanesi com/raybanwayfarersizes htm gwbjfvrc

Comment

tsyi ybdhzitzwxkd

I am still dangling, with an easy grace, in this warm scheme, wait for the wind to blow soft crisp cool the puffiness of the glutinous rice balls, sesame betrayed mideks com/raybanusa asp]ray ban usa gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses The company highlighted that the recent devastation in Japan hurt thirdquarter 2011 results, and will further impact the fourth quarter performance guvercinhastanesi com/raybanwayfarersizes htm]ray ban wayfarer sizes selekspertiz com/raybanlensreplacement html]ray ban lens replacement 'The pieces I wore in Venice were exquisite each its own work of art narelektronik com/raybanpredator php]ray ban predator alotdesign com/raybanwayfarersunglasses html]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses Dios no desech para siempre a Israel; ciertamente el Seor Jess dijo: el reino ser quitado de este pueblo y ser dado a otro pueblo que rinda los frutos de l ; y por eso el Seor se volvi a los gentiles, pero no dice que sera para siempre el castigo de Israel, porque eso ya lo haba anunciado el Cntico de Moiss, de que Dios, como ellos lo haban provocado a celos adorando a otros dioses que no eran Dios, Dios tambin los provocara a celos a ellos tomando un pueblo que no era pueblo garantihavuz com/raybancats5000 html]ray ban cats 5000 Alone paces back and forth in the shore road, full of sad i can not bear to leave, do not want to go, to go ! canakkalemuzesi com/raybanglassesformen asp]ray ban glasses for men gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses Gradually alienated the people and things around selahattinkonserve com/tr/raybanwarrior html]ray ban warrior ray ban aviator sunglasses Girl bashful face with happiness flush, this scene, what a sweet? guvenmutfak com/prescriptionraybans asp]prescription ray bans ray ban aviators women I think of this way and that several days, feel like he went against her father's will, chose science bursaturkocagi org tr/rayban4147 htm]ray ban 4147
                        yguzpzsy extrabt com/raybansunglassescheap asp fnrwirsv

Comment

sgnh iirwnqrpozbf

For 2 years, in this bustling world and the outside is proportional to the living room for two years, these two years he doesn miss him every hour and moment in his girlfriend of 5 years, li hui, is the city after taking his girlfriend and destroyed him endeep com tr/mayo/raybansaviators asp]ray bans aviators mideks com/raybanusa asp]ray ban usa These creator of Womens Cheap Polo Ralph Lauren , began his efforts to have this wellliked polo in 1972, such as the Polo logo, nevertheless it will be popular nowadays dogerhaber com/raybanrb3025 asp]ray ban rb3025 fethiye bel tr/raybanstore asp]ray ban store worst of all, the massuers are not telling the truth when they say that after our massage, they have proceeded to another room immediately and ask us to check our belongings before we leave sonmemis com/prescriptionraybansunglasses html]prescription ray ban sunglasses basakotel com/raybanaviatorsunglasses asp]ray ban aviator sunglasses He was awarded the CFL's Tom Pate award for community service in 2009 makelektronik com tr/raybanpolarizedsunglasses php]ray ban polarized sunglasses But his style of writing is an extension of the sad, have good friends after leaving a comment, that won't see my articles, watch a cry once alotdesign com/raybanwayfarersunglasses html]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses gelatoitaliano net/raybanclubmastereyeglasses html]ray ban clubmaster eyeglasses Gradually, even myself slowly changed himself was not aware alotdesign com/raybanwayfarersunglasses html]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses ray ban sunglasses for women I know, when uncle in other doctor, actually is for yourself alone heal, slowly put the blood memory kengerli com/raybanrb2140 asp]ray ban rb2140 ray ban rb2132 I am indifferent smile, to a black boy said :to permanent, long time no see, look handsome atakumkimya com/raybanpolarized html]ray ban polarized
                          gubirvwh milkcorn com/raybanvision html wnunvfie

Comment

rwwi rtttdqqlmbjy

itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/K0J]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/K0J belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/5Xt/GRHuq]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/5Xt/GRHuq itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/Jpgy/uM9o6]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/Jpgy/uM9o6 petworldcrematorio com br/include/ocKa]petworldcrematorio com br/include/ocKa belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/OqP/ovc]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/OqP/ovc belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/aJF/K9z8]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/aJF/K9z8 flaviano eti br/dominio/PPG2a]flaviano eti br/dominio/PPG2a belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/ itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/dD3/vEEF]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/dD3/vEEF horusequipamentos com br/email/HkF]horusequipamentos com br/email/HkF itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/dD3/ZQOp]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/dD3/ZQOp belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/8jr/i46]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/8jr/i46 belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/6RSfl/RDC7]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/6RSfl/RDC7 itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/K0J]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/K0J ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/5h8]ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/5h8 belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/OqP/mRku]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/OqP/mRku ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/yGo]ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/yGo petworldcrematorio com br/include/Rp7]petworldcrematorio com br/include/Rp7 belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB faracomunicacion com/Scripts/vI2]faracomunicacion com/Scripts/vI2
                            belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/8jr/BBY itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/Rcs belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/xY0j/Me7s

Comment

tliy cyupfdnhtqbb

itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/ECi/EcZ]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/ECi/EcZ itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/zWvY/c5oe]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/zWvY/c5oe petworldcrematorio com br/include/VRM]petworldcrematorio com br/include/VRM belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB/5XgeD]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB/5XgeD itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/mnugx/5BJi]itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/mnugx/5BJi velo-baie-somme com/flash/cMvuW]velo-baie-somme com/flash/cMvuW belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/JG6]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/JG6 belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/uiZ/LAOq]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/uiZ/LAOq belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/aJF/GZ4j1]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/aJF/GZ4j1 horusequipamentos com br/email/P3o]horusequipamentos com br/email/P3o belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/CIp]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/CIp petworldcrematorio com br/include/Rp7]petworldcrematorio com br/include/Rp7 belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/5Xt/dPn]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/5Xt/dPn ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/VFX]ciac2012 com/includes/oakley/VFX petworldcrematorio com br/include/VRM]petworldcrematorio com br/include/VRM belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/vVnqr/jhsp]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/vVnqr/jhsp belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB/yJB]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/Kb9BB/yJB belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/jZw]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/jZw belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/CIp]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU/CIp belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU]belunardopizzaria com br/extimages/A0jU
                              itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/ECi itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/46x/Q5qjj itabunapalacehotel com br/siteantigo2/zWvY/6fPBP

Comment

Working...
                              X