A-a-a-ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-a-a-ads

Okay, I was going to call this thread "site tweaks" but it seemed a little disingenuous after I typed it.

We get a lot of traffic to this site. A really lot. According to Google Analytics, which we installed a few weeks ago, we attract just under 1,000 visits a day with nearly 14,000 actual page views some days.

I'm pretty excited about that because it means many people are finding out about us, about our program and about each other.

It also means we've been beefing up the back end and spending more on tech support along with operational costs. As you probably know, to help pay for that we have an e-store and we sell a variety of products, and it helps quite a bit. Once people learn about our Health Store they generally become repeat customer and our customer base is growing nicely.

But we're not quite where we need to be despite those numbers, which is a little surprising. Membership is increasing like mad and visitorship is up, but sales are not yet commensurate to what's required. So we're at a point where we need to make some adjustments.

It could be because, unlike many websites with these number, we've simply not run ads, I don't know. Until now, we hadn't planned to, but we've decided it's time to give it at try.

Until we can attract external advertising, we're going start with our own small text ads and we'll adjust as we go. We also invite any of you who wish to advertise here to contact us, as we're setting up an advertising program. In fact, one of our very talented members has donated some time and is producing a professional packet for us to mail to potential underwriters.

I'll write something up in (another!) FAQ so we have full disclosure about products in our Health Store being advertised here. I've tried my best on this message board and our other to be as objective as possible regarding items we sell. This community was created to provide support for its members, not to hawk products, and I think people understand I mean it when I say that. I've always encouraged people to purchase the highest quality products they can find at the greatest convenience.

Our text ad placements--or anyone else's--won't do anything to change that. :-)

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

A-a-a-ads

Sounds fine to me. I think whatever is good for the site is good.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Ditto!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

A-a-a-ads

I think ads are a very good idea and overdue. Gotta stay alive.

Comment

A-a-a-ads

I know you will be tasteful with what you advertise. Health stuff would be great. Maybe beauty products that we really like.

Comment

A-a-a-ads

You know that you have my unqualified support RJ!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

A-a-a-ads

A request

Could you include a classified section so I can sell my mother-in-law?

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Yup........

and a section for Poetry and the Arts?

Signed
                The Artist Formerly Known As TieMeKangarooDownSport
                :k TheKanga

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Just a thought .. you may want to include a "membership" concept ...

I belonged to another fourm when I was going through hysterectomy stuff .. scary .. found an AMAZING site ...

HysterSisters.com

They do ads, but also offer membership of diff levels for donations. Those of us that found the site to be helpful.. of coarse contributed to what ever level we could. Not sure how that would work here .. but I certainly would donate/become a member to help the site that has helped me ...

Or just out put a big DONATE button somewhere! LOL

Or ... enough from the newbie ..

WaitingToExhale

Comment

A-a-a-ads

WaitingToExhale,

RJ tried that but apparently only about 10 people donated. I thought that was a bit sad, bearing in mind what we're all getting from the site.

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Well, I'm glad I donated then. I really thought there would be a flood of donations.

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Donating

I wanted to, but felt uncomfortable using my VISA online - especially my PIN number.
                        I would gladly mail a cheque.
                        Is that possible?

Helen

Comment

A-a-a-ads

I too have never paid for anything over the net but would contribute through a cheque.
                          Enough is enough

Comment

A-a-a-ads

My experience - I paid for book download, all my supplements and then donated - all on-line using my Visa card. Not a problem.

Comment

A-a-a-ads

Yes, this is a very important issue to all websites - we are allowed tremendous opportunites here and most everyone feels quite indebted to you RJ. You are so very wonderful in all that do. I think posting what you need regularly would help all of us to know and remember that this site doesn't just pay for itself!

Online banking is the way to go. I pay most every bill and do so much of my merchant services etc online. There are very few problems with that type of thing and this is a very secure site. SAVES so much time in a day . . . time that could be spent here!

Hugs to All,
                              Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X