Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is exactly why I'm frightened to take Antabuse

Mama,

I replied to your other thread, too, on "How did you do it?" It must have gotten buried somewhere. You think I would learn how to use these internet forums but I'm still pretty green at them, I think.

Comment

Hi Coco-nut,
      checking what you eat and what goes onto your skin is part of the program and has the additional benefit of making me aware of all the other stuff I'm putting in my body. I'm glad I was given cause to read the labels on my food. It was an eye-opener.

Comment

found it rusty...thanx baby!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Don't want to get TOO involved in everyone's diet habits, but I'll share another quirk of mine. A year or so ago, I watched a documentary on shrimp (prawn) farms in the countries such as Thailand, etc., and was absolutely shocked to see their methods. Using chemicals that made the water look septic, made their families sick, was an eye-opener. Deaths and serious illness from uncooked produce contaminated by the terrible hygiene of itinerant farm workers is increasing. The documentary stated the US standards are completely different when it comes to importing seafood as those of other countries; it's more rigid. But we never know, really, when we eat food we didn't grow or prepare, what's in it. I've gotten so picky Hubs knows to ask before we go out where I'll eat. I may never be happy until I produce all my own food! :H
          Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Just saying, be careful what goes in your body. I may STILL get hit by a bus, but the old people will file by and say, 'Don't she look good!' :H
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

and i will be first in line bawling my eyes out

Comment

The cake recipe sound so yummy.... Bailey's Irish Cream was one of my downfalls 20 years ago. I could drink a whole bottle, I can't even imagine how many calories that is.... if anyone knows, let me know. That was back in the day when I didn't have to watch what I ate too carefully (not at all the case now)

Anyway, Torani's makes an Irish Cream Syrup (the kind you find in a coffee shop) Also, Coffee Mate makes a non-dairy Irish Creme coffee creamer. I'll bet one of those, or a combination of both may work. If anyone tries it, let us know. If I try it soon, I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Coco -- I love ur name. I named my cat after u -- Cocoa Puff, she's a persian and fluffy and she doesn't drink, just water and milk.
                Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

janka;961370 wrote: Coco -- I love ur name. I named my cat after u -- Cocoa Puff, she's a persian and fluffy and she doesn't drink, just water and milk.
                  Awww - she's lovely!
                  Coco

Comment

I just googled some more info on the Bailey's substitutions...... Bailey's actually makes it's own line of coffee creamers. I don't remember ever seeing them in the grocery store. I think I would have noticed. I am programmed to zone right in on that kind of product. Now don't ask me if the store has artichokes, fish sauce or star fruit... I can pass that stuff up a hundred times and not notice. But Baily's coffee creamer, no way!

Comment

OverIt2007;960859 wrote: I like to have fresh breath so I gargle at work with listerine many times a day. No reaction.

But my doctor did tell me it takes a full drink for the effects.
                      That's interesting ..... Eventually I want to wean myself off Naltrexone and I always thought anything with alcohol even touching the skin kicked off a reaction while on Antibuse. Good to know this.

I wanted a prescription from my Dr. (who used to be Director of a rehab center) and he was reluctant to prescribe it w/o my wife being present at the appt. He got into a song and dance about taking it faithfully every day and basically being "policed" by somebody to ensure compliance.

There's a psychiatrist I see 3x or 4x per year whos specialty is addictions so I could probably get it from him, but my primary Dr. did raise some valid points re: compliance.
                      Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

RV.....I just ordered it from goldpharma.com
                        250 tablets for $12.23.....WAY cheaper than River

Comment

mama bear;961389 wrote: RV.....I just ordered it from goldpharma.com
                          250 tablets for $12.23.....WAY cheaper than River
                          Thanks !!
                          Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

Mama, glad you found a better deal. I will still say what I was going to say before your last post about the better price....

mama bear;961300 wrote: ok...as soon as I can afford it...I AM GONNA DO IT....I dont want it in my medical records, so I will order from here....$82 for one month.....holy crap!!!
                            How much does alcohol cost you in a month in the following categories:

1. Actual dollars spent
                            2. Health costs
                            3. Self esteem (guilt/remorse) costs
                            4. "Life" costs (what are you NOT doing in life that you want to do, but can't or won't because you are drinking?)

$82 a month for me to stay sober would be a steal.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X