Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content

My other threads I've started lately have been such downers, so I just want to have one going that's more positive. I'm on day 2, starting my Antabuse today, and can't wait to kick the hell out of AL's ass....again! Hey alcohol, :finger: LOL
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Content

K9,
    It's good to have you back and fighting :boxer:
    I just :h your honesty and determination.
    J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Content

K9 I'm so pleased for you :l
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Content

Bully for you K9 - I knew we'd have you back in no time:goodjob::thumbs::wd::yay::hug:
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Content

Hi All
          K9 I have to ask what will be different in your plan this time. I ask because a few years ago during one of my many attempts to get sober I tried using antabuse. After 6 months on antabuse and not a drink I stopped taking it .Yes like you had the same results. I then was looking for AA meetings and stumbled into here. I didn't have the information before that I got from here. I didn't have the support.
          You have had this information you have had the support -- you had a relapse. Is MWO enough --maybe AA plus MWO . I am just throwing this out their.
          When I came here I didn't use antabuse I realized I had to somehow make it on my own. We all know their is no magic pill there are ways to aid us in recovery but it really comes down to will power.
          I am not only writing this to you but others here have had similar relapses. I don't know what the deal is --we don't take it, is it that we think we are "cured". You knew ahead of time your prescription was running out, -- I well lets see, just stooped taking it thinking I was in control. Yea right! Antabuse is an aid to recovery as someone else wrote, we have to change our relationship with al or else when we don't have the antabuse we are white knuckling it and really at day one of recovery.
          Don't just stop with the antabuse start with it as part of your plan. I know you will succeed

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Content

Good for you K9..whatever it takes, I like your fighting spirit and how you take action instead of sorry excuses...YOU GO GIRL!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Content

Right there with you K9!
              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Content

Antabuse taken (a bit early today). It feels good knowing there's no option to drink.

Also went to the library and picked up a couple of books. If anyone is looking for a good book, I would recommend "The Book Thief"....I'm almost finished with it and it's really good!

Comment

Content

I picked that book up in the thrift store last week!! Will defo read it now.,

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Content

I am reading Anne Rice's new book...Angel Time...pretty good so far.....talks about choices between good and evil........perfect timing for me!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Content

Oney-
                      You are my kind of woman! A reader that loves thrift stores! Two of my favorite pastimes! Talk about being low-maintenance. LOL

Comment

Content

I LOVE browsing around a thrift store K9.....never know what you are going to find!
                        I would be lost without books too! Best companion in the world.

Have never read Ann Rice MB, thats the vampire stuff right?

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Content

oney..she started out and got famous with her Vampire Series....I have read them all......but she disappered for a while and now she is writing about angels
                          I also love Phillipa Gregory....."The Other Bolyen Girl" and all the Henry thr 8th novels....makes it all seem so real......thus my evening of watching The Tudors this evening...got Season One at Blockbuster this afternoon......
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Content

Yay K9
                            I am so pleased for you
                            XX
                            *Witchy*
                            Progress, not perfection!!!
                            A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Content

Happy Friday everyone!
                              Wow do I feel so much better today (than a couple days ago) Slept well and even my red eye is clearing up! And thank goodness I am not in a "fog" today...2 of my employees called in sick so I'll have to be alert. What ever happened to TGIF? LOL

I took my Antabuse first thing this morning. I used to take it in the early afternoon, but I thought I might as well just take it and not give it a second thought the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is doing good today!!

Comment

Working...
                              X