Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content

Hi Everyone!
    I hope you all had a healthy, safe, fun AF weekend! I didn't do much, relaxed, napped and read...it was perfect. LOL
    I am on day 5 of Antabuse, and I plan to keep on taking it, because being sober is such a great feeling! I'm not even bummed that it's Monday morning. haha
    Hope you're all well!

:h:h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Content

So glad you had a good, sober, weekend. It's nice to have that good feeling on a Monday morning.
      Caysea made some good points, given in such a nice, supportive way. We certainly do have to make changes, work out our plans for our future. Right now antabuse is giving you a great 'cushion', and it's great you made the decision to stop the AL before it caused you any more trouble. I LOVE thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales (Hubs calls the garbage sales). I have found so REALLY great things in them. Of course I'm a sucker for antiques, good buys. :H
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Content

Hi K9 gald you had chilled AF weekend. I did too! x
        :lilangel:

Comment

Content

Hi All,
          I wanted to comment on Caysea's post, she did make some very excellent points. The thing I am doing differently this time is that I am re-emerging myself into my religious faith. I have such support and love from that community. I am able to be honest with a couple of the "elders" and have also put in a request for a personalized bible study with someone I already feel very comfortable with. I don't want to get too religious on here, but that is my major change this time. I know I can't rely on Antabuse forever (and I don't want to), so I am setting the groundwork for something more permanent.
          Anyway, I am back on day 7, but I had to put my 160 days in parenthesis in my signature, I just don't want give that up

Comment

Content

what faith are you k9? I have gotten more spiritual lately too....
            how long can you take antabuse??? mine is being shipped.....YIKES!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Content

Mama!
              I'm so proud of you for getting the Antabuse. You can stay on it as long as you need to, I plan to go another 6 months and possibly longer. I will PM you my religion

Comment

Content

Hi All
                Well just some personal info caysea is a he. No problem.

This is why I know you will be successful you are looking and doing what ever it takes. I think getting involved in your religion can be a very big key to finding your way out. In regards to antabuse I said i didn't use it to get sober. I will say that their were some social situations i went to after about 4 months sober that I was concerned about. I brought the antabuse with me and had it in my pocket. I was willing to shove a pill in my mouth if i felt at all at risk. Didn't need to. Thinking about it now that was the first Baseball game I have ever gone to and not gotten drunk. Have been to many more since without the worry. It does get easier with time.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF 5-16-08
                Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF 5-16-08

Comment

Content

Sorry MR. Caysea!
                  Your thoughts were still insightful, despite the fact that you are a man. LOL :H

Comment

Content

Great job K9. You have such an amazing driving focus. I know you will conquer this. You are an inspiration and you give me (and many here) hope.

Thanks

Comment

Content

Good for you K9 in doing whatever it takes! While all of us are a little different in our approaches, in my own journey, I found there are three components (that I know of so far) - the physical, the mental, and the spiritual.

The physical might include meds, supplements, diet changes, and exercise.

The mental is changing habits, consciously living in the moment (especially when the mental cravings start), awareness of triggers and planning and always utilizing alternative plans, and other learning, or possibly working with a therapist if one needs to - I say this because so often we have other issues which become quite obvious once we no longer have the fog of AL fog covering them up. Doing "one day at a time" or "just for today." That's all any of us start with, and that's all any of us have, but that's also all we have to do.

The third is spiritual, whatever that may mean to to each individual, and making it a part of every day life. To me, the most wonderful part of the spiritual aspect is learning "letting go" of trying to control every little aspect of our lives. "Let go, let God." Not only are none of us are super human, no matter how much we do the right thing, there are always going to be events and situations, and especially other people!) that we have no control over. Learning to accept that sometimes life is just the way it is, is a great weight off of me.

The Serenity Prayer - "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference" - this really covers just about anything in life.

I try to keep all three of these things in mind, and so far it's working. I too had to change and progress in my plan as I went along and intend to continue to do so when needed - usually adding to it, such as the spiritual aspect and attending AA. I find AA is good for me as far as teaching me different ways of dealing with life, and consider this both mental and spiritual - but then I am into Carl Jung, who really meshed these two elements in my opinion.

I wish you the best K9. I too felt very slippery at around 5 months, and that's when I added AA (also upped my supplements big time), because I could just tell it wouldn't last if I didn't do something. Knowing my past history, I'm not necessarily going to get right back on the wagon either - it took me 8 years last time! Just be willing to do whatever it takes - you seem to be of that mindset, and you did have several months AF before, so I know you have a clear idea of what worked, and hopefully what led up this recent lapse. Take care! :h

Mama Bear, I'm glad to hear you are finding and willing to try some new tools too! That spiritual thing is a biggie, in my opinion. I didn't take any prescription meds, but if I needed to, I would. It's another tool - use it if needed. I wish you the best too! :h
                      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Content

great post dancealot...thanks
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Content

[QUOTE=K9Lover;964533]
                          The thing I am doing differently this time is that I am re-emerging myself into my religious faith. I have such support and love from that community. I am able to be honest with a couple of the "elders" and have also put in a request for a personalized bible study with someone I already feel very comfortable with.

:l:l:l:l:l:
                          Jesus said that those conscious of their spiritual need would be happy. To have that faith and know that you can ask God for the strength beyond what is normal to help you with whatever problems you are facing is a blessing indeed.
                          Your honesty, humility and hunger are precious and will surely be rewarded.
                          My love for God and for my spiritual family is all that has brought me to this point. Without the loving help and guidance I have received I would have been dead 8 years ago. No exageration. MWO is also a blessing for which I thank God daily.
                          I am finding joy and strength in your courageous return and wish you steady and everlasting progress.
                          You're in my prayers always, K9.
                          :h Mish

PS...your PM box was full and I could not post. XXXX
                          :h Mish :h
                          sigpic
                          Never give up...
                          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                          Remaining a perpetual possibility
                          Only in a world of speculation.
                          What might have been and what has been