Army Thread Friday 17th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Army, well its 3.47am so I suppose technically its still night. Been awake for nearly an hour now after about only three hours sleep. Money worries and waiting for the next phone call in the morning from the bank looking for money I cant possibly pay has me wide awake and the brain spinning. On the plus side the thought of taking a drink this weekend or anytime soon couldnt be further from my mind. That is usually the way it starts in recent times. The stress and worry and the realisation that the temporary escape is there, and so it builds, the feeling that the first drink will be taken soon.
    Anyhow think I will make a cup of tea and have a read around the boards, maybe pop into chat, havent been there in a while. Sorry to be such a miserable old sod but it helps to write it down.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

go to sleep ktab
    should use my own advise.
    mr draggy is conked out on the couch
    anyway off yo bed
    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

to even
      life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Hi Draggy, na I am up now but thanks. I take it Mr Draggy was working late, have a nice sleep.

Comment

Hi Zenny, na I wont bother now, might take the dogs to the beach in the next hour. I can grab a nap this afternoon if I need one. Yeh my brain just goes into over drive and I know I may as well get up. Not sure what I am going to do about this. Oh but I am fine thanks.

Comment

I will ring them first thing in the morning before they ring me but not sure it will make any difference, they still want their pound of flesh. Hard to give them what I dont have though.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry about the lack of sleep and the financial worries that are plaguing you KT.
              I dont have any advice but just wanted to send u a big cyber hug. ((((HUG))))
              Good on you for not picking up that drink
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks honey, nothing is further from my mind tbh. How are you this morning?

Comment

Good morning Army, Not quite 7am here but I have a busy day ahead-so I need to get moving. KTAB_so sorry to hear about your sleepless night. I have had those too and it's true that it can be impossible to just stay in bed staring at the ceiling (with all the thoughts spinning in our heads). Better to get up for a bit and have a cup of tea or warm milk and honey. Writing stuff out helps too. I've found myself crying at the kitchen table at 4am-it can be a very scary and lonely feeling. Sometimes prayers help-or meditation. There is a good book by Dr. Claire Weeks (Australian, I think) called Self Help for your Nerves. It is a bit old fashioned but I find it very comforting-and calming. My GP in Dublin reccomended it when I had a nervous breakdown a few years ago. Warm wishes to all the army today. Lets all stay close this weekend. These are tuff times, lads.

Comment

Hi Expat, true but it could always be worse in my experience. Thanks for the book recommendation.

Comment

Mornin' KT, Draggy & Zenster..
                      at least you are calm about this morning KT, best way hun:l

Comment

Hi Jan, no point in getting all het up about what I cant change. I will just try my best, is all I can do. Righty ho me and the dogs are going out walkabout, see ya all soon, and thanks.

Comment

missed you both sorry..g'mornin' Starts & expat:l

Comment

Wise words expat, there is safety in numbers.
                            Have a good walk KT and a good sleep Zenners
                            And morning LJ!
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

how'd you sleep last night starts??did you take another diazapan?

Comment

Working...
                              X