Army Thread Friday 17th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    Had a deep kip for an hour at about 4.30 then went to bed at 11.30 and slept very well.
    Not gonna take any this morning and see how I go
    Trouble is I get nervous before I go to mums and I go twice a day
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey, All
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello again, that was a short walk, is quite cold out this morning.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey, KTAB

Have a hug from me too
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good Mornings Troops
            KTAB - :l I really symapthize, I just found out this week my ex hasn't been paying my mortgage. God knows why but it hasn't affected my sleep yet, maybe I burn up all my anxiety during the day and my cycling helps. There are moments when the fear does totally paralyse me and I had a bad anxiety episode on Wednesday.

I get tired of painting on the "it's ok" face to the outside world and if I didn't have you guys I'd be in a bad way.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Thanks guys. Chilli sorry to hear you are going through tough times as well. You are right about the support, lets use it and lean on each other. Time was when I wouldnt have logged on and just gotten drunk for the entire weekend and then try deal with it on monday, hungover. I think its about time I started trying to be a grown up at last.

Comment

Good Morning Army!!

To those of you here in the barracks and to those who drop by later.... hope you have a

Have had a bit of a rough spot the last few days but I'm determined to get things straightened out and fight off the negative things that are going on right now. Today is the "Name Day" for the Greek names that mean love, hope, faith and wisdom. Can't possibly let negative vibes affect us today. So hope you all

Stirly:h:h
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Stirly
                  Looks like tough times are in the air...

KTAB - I have had drinking thoughts is week, about that blissful place you get to where your worries have gone, but it's such a temporary fix and then I'd have to wake up and deal with the crap anyway only with a hangover! Not an appealing idea....
                  No, one thing that I'm really clear about is that if this is what life is giving me to deal with, then I have to face it and FEEL it, the whole point of being alive is to experience emotions in a human sense and that includes pain as well as joy.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

hiya Stirly & chilly,
                    hope your days are better from today onwards stirly wirly..:l:l
                    at least you have the right attitude chill and not to turn to drink..
                    have you had anymore interviews for jobs??maybe when you start working you will be able to pay for your mortgage yourself and have an income to live on and give yourself independance that's under your control, instead of uncertainty if your ex will be able to continue to maintain you??

Comment

If I am getting drinking thoughts I plan to try and think forward about 4 hours to the stage where I am nearly blacking out and then another 8 hours to when I am waking up with all the disgust at myself that would bring. Seems like a powerful image and tool. You are right, running the gamut of all human emotions is all part of life and enriches it. How can we really know the true highs if we dont know the desperate lows.

Comment

Very true KTAB. without those lows eh.....
                        Chilliwilly, there is defo something in the air right now. Lots of peeps seem to be going thru the mill with depression.
                        You arent alone hunny

Comment

And you too Stirly?
                          Big hugs are coming over xx

Comment

KTAB;961030 wrote: If I am getting drinking thoughts I plan to try and think forward about 4 hours to the stage where I am nearly blacking out and then another 8 hours to when I am waking up with all the disgust at myself that would bring. Seems like a powerful image and tool. You are right, running the gamut of all human emotions is all part of life and enriches it. How can we really know the true highs if we dont know the desperate lows.
                            yep the mental preasure it puts you under...shit I used to get panic attacks when younger when I was working under exteem preasure..
                            then one day I realised that come what may I had to face it and facing it in a state would make me weak and vunerable,
                            and that come what may they cannot take the living breath out of me, I had to stand strong and brave it thru, whatever the outcome..and nine times out of ten it turned out fine..

Comment

Hi Jan - the wages here are so bad it would take a years salary to pay a month of my mortgage :H We have thunder storms here today, hoping the sun comes back out soon.

KTAB - I use that visual too, it's a great one!

Off to walk my soon to be wet dog.....
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello Jan, I think I need to find us a nice song to get us all moving today. Could be a disco night here later as well unless I am snoring on the sofa

Comment

Working...
                                X