Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 17th Sept

Sorry Starts missed your wee squirrel chops there....:l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

This one does it for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKeulwZ3sGE[/video]]YouTube - Dolly Parton - Better Get To Livin'
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Ok a little tongue in cheek on the song title given my financial situation, but a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COy6qy2kgkY[/video]]YouTube - Shirley Bassey - I Who Have Nothing
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;961030 wrote: If I am getting drinking thoughts I plan to try and think forward about 4 hours to the stage where I am nearly blacking out and then another 8 hours to when I am waking up with all the disgust at myself that would bring. Seems like a powerful image and tool. You are right, running the gamut of all human emotions is all part of life and enriches it. How can we really know the true highs if we dont know the desperate lows.
          You're both right about having to deal with the highs and the lows. But sometimes the negativity of it all is just so strong I feel like I can't deal with it at the moment and just want to block it all out. The problems won't be solved and the negativity will still be there but sometimes I just need to escape from it all even for just a few hours. Stupid I know but once in a while it's all too much to handle. And especially when most of it is created by others and there's not a damn thing I can do to change it.
          Okay, enough of the sob story for today. It's a day for hope, faith, wisdom and love. Negative vibes will be held at bay and only positive thoughts allowed. It's yet another lovely, sunny day in Stirly-world. Off to walk my dogger as I should have been out of here an hour ago.

P.S. I was thinking yesterday of some members who haven't posted in a while and Sunbird is one of them. Does anyone know how she is? This was her last post - 21st of May and then she just dropped out of sight....

sunbird;863969 wrote:
          Going to beddy-byes now guys...see you tomorrow. Night Night:l
          P.P.S. Jan and Starts....thanks for the :l:l
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I LOVE that Shirley song!!

Good morning peeps,

Lots of yucky feelings flying around this morning.

When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.

I hope things get a little but better for you all today and at least ONE good thing happens to you that makes you smile.x
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hello Stirly, I know where you are coming from but you are better than that now and you know it, as do all of us here. Sorry you are in the dumps too, you are the bright light here in the army with your joyous pictures/posts, I hope you can take some comfort out of knowing that.
              I have no idea about Sunbird, I hate it when people move on suddenly because even optimistic little old me thinks the worse and AL is back in the persons life. I sincerely hope not.

Starty, Dolly rocks. Dog I am sooo gay these days in my music posts :laughmonkey:

Comment

Howaya Oney, hows the nippers this morning?

Ok the best Shirley Bassey song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCaXTXf1Dw&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - This is my life, SHIRLEY BASSEY

Comment

Nipps are fine and so are the kids.

I am very grateful that I didnt get the bug so I am happy

That is my fave Bassey song ever.

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Happy is good. DW wont be happy if I dont get the bins out in time for collection brb.

Comment

Hi honey..:l
                      how are the kids doing now?? are they better::??

and here's one for us working gals..& guys...:H:H
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKQcWEXSKU[/video]]YouTube - Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money

Comment

oops cross post..

Comment

They are fine now....God I am so GRATEFUL for health Jan.

I wirk hard fer me bleedin money I tells ya lol!

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;961058 wrote: They are fine now....God I am so GRATEFUL for health Jan.

I wirk hard fer me bleedin money I tells ya lol!
                            ooooh shit yep..soo bloody hard when us mums are sick at the same time..
                            we are meant to be supermums and not allowed to get sick..
                            not like we get sick leave or anyfinck:H:H.......

and yep at last I'm back inrythm of working..only got short hours to cram it in but have had a good week so far..
                            and should get ollie into after school activities after 1st oct..
                            so will take preasure off..

Comment

Good Morning everyone, here's a big hug for everyone

Oney I think you work harder then the rest of us with all your lovely kids!!!!

JC yoohoo .......... taken that tablet yet???
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

mornin' BB..love the pic..

right am orf..chase ollie off to school..hopefully without falling down the stairs..
                                oh yeh when I told the social worker about my fall f'ing bitch asked me "had you been drinking"...
                                f'ing stupid bitch..and that is the one from the "team" coz I still have to see them for the next six months..
                                made my fucking blood boil......................................Grrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                                X