please explain the sugar thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprite reminds me of vodka, so does Fanta. Simply because I used these as mixers in my vodka phase. I remember being in treatment cringing at drinking orange or lemon squash, because the association was so strong.

Comment

L-Glutamine also helps with sugar cravings as well as alcohol cravings.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Ukblonde;961991 wrote: Spuds

I'm not sure AL affects sugar levels as such but I've always been told the body sees AL as sugar. Apart from the fact it has double the energy value. So treats it as such although suppose it might not actually cause blood sugar to go up.

Most people's experience is that they crave sugar when stopping drinking and that unsteady sugar levels can affect mood(in my experience). Maybe we need you as a guinea pig so we can test this out?feed you different things, do your tests and see how you feel!!!
        guinea pig ready and waiting to be fed..... chocolate please
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Mama Bear,
          I posted a recipe for chocolate PB granola. I ate a lot of it during my initial AF time. Ingredients are quite healthy, including some sweetness from chocolate, and that sweet/tart note of dried cranberries. Maybe granola isn't your kind of thing, but it is pretty good and I believe good for you.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Mama Bear,

The sugar cravings are par for the course. It does calm down a bit after awhile but I still get them and sometimes go on a sugar binge. I try to stick to naturally sweet foods such as fruit and fruit juices mixed with seltzer water. Also, I have several bottles of liquid stevia in various flavors that I can use on yogurt, in tea, and in seltzer water. I love rootbear stevia with seltzer water and lots of ice. Yum.
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

M3, Can you tell me more about the Stevia flavored liquids you are getting? What is the brand name?

Thanks!
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Natural Health Articles - Latest and Current Health News and Information by Dr. Mercola
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

This is the best site I have found to explain how sugar and other foods affect our bodies. If you can , watch the video on sugar...wow!

Comment

Hey DG,

The product is made by Wisdom Natural and its called sweet leaf liquid stevia. Here's a link although I'm sure you can find it other places. My favorites are vanilla cream, chocolate, and rootbeer.

Wisdom Natural Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia Cinnamon -- 2 fl oz - Vitacost
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

Natural Health Articles - Latest and Current Health News and Information by Dr. Mercola

It's in the Sept. 15th newsletter.

Comment

Working...
                      X