Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar...alcohol...highfructose corn syrup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the best site I have found to educate ourselves on what is happening to our bodies because of what we eat and drink.
    We need to wake up and smell the coffee and take back control ..
    xoxo

Natural Health Articles - Latest and Current Health News and Information by Dr. Mercola
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Hi Neva
    I think he is on to something.
    The thing about fructose must be true because the high fructose people are thinking about a new name for it!
    Also I think that the more we can eat and drink unprocessed food, the better off we will be.

Check out the previous newsletters on his sight.

xo

Comment

Sept. 15th newsletter......

Comment

I am hypothyroid and the doctor who treats me for that absolutely recommends that unfermented soy products are a no-no for people with thyroid problems. And the patient advocate who helped me find my doctor - one of a rare breed who treats the way she does believes that too. So Dr. Mercola is not the only one screaming that soy is bad for the thyroid. Just thought I would chime in on that part of it.

While I am of the opinion that Dr. Mercola takes some rather extreme positions, and I personally have a bit of difficulty going to those extremes, I also believe the "fix is in" to some degree at the FDA as well. When senior officials in the FDA come from inside the businesses that the FDA has to regulate...well...nobody will convince me that's a lilly white operation either.

I will defend my political skepticism but saying that I am from Illiniois, where four of our last 6 governors have been indicted for various and asundry crimes. So I don't tend to trust the government to tell me the truth. (or to even know it)

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Last year, I read "The End of Overeating" which was a very frightening and enlightening experience for me. The author, David Kessler, a former FDA commissioner writes an excellent and informative expose on how the food industry manipulates the food we eat. Although the book tends to be a bit technical, I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in eating a healthy diet:

The End of Overeating, David A. Kessler, Book - Barnes & Noble

It is amazing how much time and money the food industry has spent on research and development to identify the exact proportions of fat, carbohydrates and proteins in foods that are both unhealthy and trigger our bodies to crave more of them

A very interesting read....

John
          John
          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
          X