Army Thread Sunday 19th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm good. Sorry, Starts and Tip, you're sad. This time of year I really miss my Daddy, but my experiences with him were SO special, and I know what he believed, like I do. So he's still here. And I see things in our Jack that are SO him!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

KTAB;963221 wrote: Just thinking Starty, its lovely that you have the time to say goodbye to your mum, even though I cant imagine how awfully hard that must be. Its the people that are killed suddenly or take their own lives that must leave such important words unspoken.
      Sorry. Didn't mean to overlook this post with all our talk about food.
      Starts, it is lovely that you have time to say goodbye to your Mum. I posted something about that a few days ago. Even tho' it must be extremely difficult, it really is a blessing. You have the chance to say things you need and want to. KTAB is right. It's the unspoken words that will haunt us.
      Don't mean to be a downer here. Just saying things the way I see them.
      Starty....:huggy times a zillion. As I've said before, so good that you are going through this AF..:h
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Starts I had 5 months with Momma; hard, but so fulfilling for us.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Zenstyle;963246 wrote: :l:l:l Sorry Tippers...
          Ah, 'tis OK, Zenners :l

This week is just the anniversary of his death - he's always on my mind round this time.

But as I said to Starty a while back: if there hadn't been such good memories and a deep relationship, there also wouldn't have been much sadness. I'd rather take the sadness with the good that comes with it than feel nothing.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

OMG. I just found this picture of Failblog... It was taken in South Africa - those are two local brands.

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;963252 wrote: Ah, 'tis OK, Zenners :l

This week is just the anniversary of his death - he's always on my mind round this time.

But as I said to Starty a while back: if there hadn't been such good memories and a deep relationship, there also wouldn't have been much sadness. I'd rather take the sadness with the good that comes with it than feel nothing.
              You're right Tippers. So much better than feeling nothing.

I'm off. Movie starting in a bit.

Wishing you all

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

tiptronic_ct;963253 wrote: OMG. I just found this picture of Failblog... It was taken in South Africa - those are two local brands.

Its cool Tips I dont do either of those
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

They sell what are called "braai packs" here: a piece of shite steak, a chop and a piece of sausage (dubious ingredients). Usually bought by men on their way to a BBQ. Typically, that is all they will consume - meat and beer, or brandy & Coke...
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

KTAB;963256 wrote: Its cool Tips I dont do either of those
                    :H:H:H
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Niters, Stirly :l

I must also be off: haven't had time for my Sunday paper yet - too busy with other stuff. Going to grab a s hower and then slip under the covers to catch up with what peeps are opinionating about, and prolly end up reading only the food & travel section in any detail
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

one2many;963231 wrote: Ktab, maybe we can go for an Indian in Oct??? I know Limers likes it.
                        Oh yeh baby your talking my language now. Lots of good Indian restaurants in Dublin these days. Here is one of the best Tulsi in Baggot street

Restaurant Menu for Tulsi

Comment

Zenstyle;963260 wrote: :H:H:H

I've never had a brandy & coke... I assume that's a Safrican thang...
                          It's kinda the national drink, Zenners...

Ugh... never drank it myself. It has a very sweet and cloying taste. Disgusting. When I had no choice in the matter (i.e. - no access to other AL), I would drink brandy neat, but that's it.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thats only about half of it Zenny.

Comment

Thats a bummer Zen. Here are some really good home made bases for an indian meal;

easy homemade curry pastes | Jamie Oliver recipes

Check out his curry base as well.

I think I will go and open a tin of peaches and there is some vanilla ice cream in the freezer then I am off to watch X factor with DW, usually a good laugh. Night folks.

Comment

hello everyone
                                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X