So I fess up about fishing in Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to Ontario last wed. thru sunday on a corporate fishing trip. We were bringing a bunch of guys from a Miller Beer distributor fishing(not kidding). Been with these guys before, good friends, they would'nt say boo if I didn't drink.

I thought about it for days ahead and gave myself "Canada Rules", and drank for four days. Not to excess, just enough, and today it's not buggin me, no demons or cravings.

My only thoughts today are...did you really shove that shit in you again? I'm not cured, and a four day bender of drinking alone (my pattern) would have been a realllllly bad thing.

What I did lose was my pride in being 23 odd day sober and I gave that up....I didn't think a number would mean anything to me, but I was riding a high after hitting it and I tossed it away because I knew I wouldn't tailspin after coming back. But if I could do it again....I wouldn't.

Anyways, love ya guys!
    Symbols!

hiya Symbols - at least you realised what you were doing. It takes a while to get yourself in check - it's way to easy to just slide back to your old ways again. Be prepared to kick yourself in your own butt when you need it.

Get back on that horse!!
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hi Symbols are any of us really 'cured' I think not. It is really a simple case of allowing AL back into your life or not. Just remember this is a progressive 'illness'. I know its not easy and even without cravings, demons etc not bugging you there is still the learned behaviour patterns and the little voice telling us 'sure I am really not that bad' and 'a couple wont hurt'. I hope you find your way and start racking up those AF days again, it is so worth it.
      Good luck.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

We know in our heart there is no cure. You were presented with a big problem, and handled it in a way you regret. Lesson learned, right?
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh heck ya. I'm back to day 2. When that trip was over so were my "Canada rules"!

Realizing ODAT, my new goal is New Years day, and then passing it! If anythign, I realized what I thought was worth having back for a few day really wasn't worth missing.
          My time sober before the trip was actually funner that being able to drink for a few days!

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! Back is better!
          Symbols!

Comment

Symbols,
            :thanks: for writing about your experience. I sometimes wonder if for certain situations I'll make up different rules for myself so that I can enjoy drinking for a small defined amount of time. I'm hearing you say it's not worth it? Even when you were able to keep it in check? That's good to know. I almost considered drinking last Friday but bagged it because I didn't want to start the 30 day AF counting again... This sight is great, otherwise I would have done it and probably went back to some old bad habits. I think it's cool that your gonna go for a AF challenge to new years.
            -choice

Comment

Well than take it with me!!!

More the merrier. Maybe more will join and we can have crazy pics and such as the holidays approach.....could be fun:welcome::h:H
              Symbols!

Comment

Working...
              X