• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol - Eyesight - useless advice

d
    Coco

So many people give advice without understanding the personal relationship of the person and their habit. I just take the best, leave the rest.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well, I think your vision does improve while AL

I found out that while intoxicated all of the twins I was meeting were simply one girl! All of those extra bithday cards wasted....also....you never run the risk of waking up with last nights hottie and finding some replaced her with her grandmother!!!!

No AL definetly makes ur vision better
      Symbols!

Comment

first line should have been AL free
        Symbols!

Comment

Coco-Nut;964057 wrote: I read on another forum (yes, I was two-timing) that vision can improve when giving up AL. I've been trolling around trying to find more info on this topic, and happened upon this very useful advice (it has nothing to do with eyesight - it's just rather amusing):

"...Attending meetings with Alcoholics Anonymous or seeing a therapist can help you cope with these problems in a more effective manner, and lower your need to drink heavily.

If you don?t want to give up drinking completely, consider one glass of wine daily..."

One glass of wine daily? What moron wrote this?!! :H:H:H
          :H:H:H

THAT is FUNNY!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I found out that while intoxicated all of the twins I was meeting were simply one girl! >>>

hahahahahaha
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Alcohol is great if you like time travel. Scientists really should look into this.

I would often be chugging along, enjoying my 8th Sternburg of the evening, when all of a sudden I would wake up in a completely different place, like another city. I would also be missing a contact lens or two, have a broken nose, and all the cash I thought I had would magically have disappeared!

I believe that by ingesting enough ethanol, human beings can move at speeds close to that of the speed of light - without creating any greenhouse gas emissions! All we need to do is figure out how to avoid the vanishing cash and inexplicable broken bones phenomena, and voila -- global warming and the fuel crisis are solved!

"...Attending meetings with Alcoholics Anonymous or seeing a therapist can help you cope with these problems in a more effective manner, and lower your need to drink heavily.

If you don’t want to give up drinking completely, consider one glass of wine daily..."

Jeez! A glass of wine daily! Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that!

Comment

One glass of wine....no probs. It would be a VERY big glass though!
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Pride before Fall;964196 wrote: I found out that while intoxicated all of the twins I was meeting were simply one girl! >>>

hahahahahaha

That is
                  funny! :H:H:H

Comment

'If you don’t want to give up drinking completely, consider one glass of wine daily..."
                    Then have one more, then another, and another ....... gee, I'm loaded again :egad:

"lower your need to drink heavily ...."
                    Sure, no problem, that's easy .....

Fabulous advice from someone who clearly has no understanding of the alcoholic mind.
                    Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

too funny!!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                      X