Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again

Hi All,

I was here at the beginning of 2010 (under a different name) and was really making progress. Although I did not give up drinking, I was pleased with how I was moderating. But guess what? I am now back up to my old quantities and habits - 1.5 bottles of wine a night.

I just want to stop.

In all other areas, my life is great - why do I do this???

My biggest fear is NEVER drinking again. It's my 40th soon and I just can't imagine not having a glass of champagne. Expect it won't be a glass it will be a bottle. And the same with Christmas.

You know the drill - every evening I say I am going to not drink tomorrow and then witching hour comes around and I am back to square one!
    CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Back Again

Hi Charlotte's web,

I loved that book when I was a child. :welcome: back. I'm new to the sight but it's really helped me to sort out what I needed to do about my drinking. I think the words "never" and "forever" kinda are freaky myself so I just decided to make short term goals at first. I'll be at 30 days AF tomorrow and feel less scared. I'm relieved actually. I, like you was somewhat successful at moderation.. until I became less diligent and then just slipped into a scary place. When I found MWO I was scared to drink and scared not to. I was so uncomfortable. What's cool now is that fear has lifted and I feel a lot better. I'm glad your back and I look forward to getting to know you.

-Choice

Comment

Back Again

Hi Charlotte

I too read the book as a child but can't remember the story. Think it was about a pig and a spider?

Anyway thing to ask yourself is "What am I afraid of?". Will you die if you stop drinking?no, will the world come to an end?No. Might your life get better?Yes.

Comment

Back Again

Choice - Thanks for the welcome back.

UKB - You are totally right. I remember the first half of the year well and enjoyed not being drunk and the benefits that come with it. I need to get my head back to that place.

Well, last night I finished the AL that was in the house - 2 glasses of wine and one bottle of beer. That was a small amount for me. Today, back onto the L-Glut and taking things ODAT.
        CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Working...
        X