Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

now that's earthy:H

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

morning gang..I am here!!!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Morning all. I guess Fen is off cheese touring. :H
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Morning all...Gorgeous sunny morning here and Saturday once more. Hope Fen gets back with the cheese soon. Some nice goat cheese melted over toast would be a great start to the day.
          My haggis has defrosted overnight and will be cooked this afternoon. I've prepared the tatties with roasted garlic but not done the neeps yet. I prefer swede to turnip. I have a lovely piece of brocoli to steam as well. Looking forward to traditional Scottish fare tonight...yum.
          I have plans for this morning, if my friend is well enough, then an afternoon at home with my little weiro (who hates me going out). I hope your Saturday brings peace and joy my beloved friends.
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

:happy: A highly productive morning out and about :racer:
            And now the haggis is rotating happily in its pot, the broccoli and carrots are steamed and the 'neeps are about ready to be mashed. Tatties all done. Gonna be a feast tonight for all who want to join me...
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Sounds interesting Mish. I'm always game for something new. May I have a doggie bag for the road please??
              Hope you had a blast yesterday Fennel and Mrs. Fennel.
              Have a great day friends!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Ringing Cedars;998126 wrote: Sounds interesting Mish. I'm always game for something new. May I have a doggie bag for the road please??
                Hope you had a blast yesterday Fennel and Mrs. Fennel.
                Have a great day friends!
                Oh my gosh, we had a GREAT day, R.C.!

I'm going to get all my pics together and post them here. I kept Nora updated yesterday. Cheese plants are AWESOME!

Unfortunately, I have consumed way more than the FDA recommended daily allowance of cheese. I even consumed some of the most aged limburger they had- I got really competitive, because so many people were afraid to try it. The panty-waists! As a result, I had the unmistakable bacteria flavor in my mouth for hours after. Hopefully, my body will readjust this weekend. :h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mish, unfortunately, there was no goat cheese to be had in these factories. They specialized in Swiss, Baby Swiss, Limburger, Emmenthaler, Gruyere, and Raclette.

Wow...it was an amazing tour!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

:H:H:H:H:H:H

Fen - I'm laughing my head off at you! You had to show off & try the cheese didn't you? Do you still have that taste in your mouth?
                    I absolutely loved all the pics you sent me. I kept sneaking my phone out at work to take a look!! If I had been at home, I would have started posting them as they came in.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;998253 wrote: :H:H:H:H:

Fen - I'm laughing my head off at you! You had to show off & try the cheese didn't you? Do you still have that taste in your mouth?
                      I absolutely loved all the pics you sent me. I kept sneaking my phone out at work to take a look!! If I had been at home, I would have started posting them as they came in.
                      Fortunately, the unmistakable "Limburger" taste has subsided! :H The plant that makes it is the ONLY Limburger plant in the U.S.!

I even had some for lunch. The guy next to me didn't have any, so I had to show him how extreme I was, lol. Honestly, though...the taste is still rancid, but somewhat milder than the pungent aroma. My dad loved that cheese. In the old days, it was a "working man's" cheese, and it was believed to keep one healthy. Probably because nobody could come near you to contaminate you with their viruses! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;998262 wrote: Probably because nobody could come near you to contaminate you with their viruses! :H
                        :H:H:H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Limburger Cheese, History of Limburger Cheese, Limburger Sandwich Recipem How To Make A Limburger Sandwich

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh my gosh! I don't want a limburger sandwich for lunch today. Is that the lunch special today Fen?
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;998292 wrote: Oh my gosh! I don't want a limburger sandwich for lunch today. Is that the lunch special today Fen?
                              Now, Nora...let's keep an open mind here! It just so happens that I did pick up a *small* block of limburger to use back at the truck. Keep in mind it's many health benefits. I have an onion, brown mustard, and a loaf of rye...I can fix you up a traditional limburger sandwich right now!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1420522=5795-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Fennel's Cheese Plant Tour

The tour started at "Chalet" Cheese plant in Monroe, WI.

In WI, you must have a year and a half of intensive instruction to become a Master Cheese-maker. You can only make and sell cheese here if you are a Master Cheese-maker- this is why my state reigns supreme in cheese quality.

Here is Chalet's Master Cheese-maker, Myron Olson, showing off the fine cheeses he creates.

Myron's plant receives milk from 22 area farms. The make-up of the milk used in the cheese production is 75% Holstein, and 25% Brown Swiss. The milk from the Brown Swiss cows has a higher fat content. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1420531=5797-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X