Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

For sure~nice tour and fun facts too! Looks like you did have a blast! I've never had limberger but I only started enjoying the odd bit of blue the last few years, so I'll have the light version if it exists. Thanks Fennel

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Thanks, Fennel, that was a very fun virtual tour! I am partial to cheese that bites me back but haven't worked up the courage to try limberger. I'll have to give it a go.

I also like the curd that comes from processing cheddar. We call it "squeaky cheese."

Again, thanks for sharing your tour.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
      - Vernon Howard

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I had a limburger, onion, brown mustard, and pumpernickel rye sandwich today for lunch...I'm saving some for Nora! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;998621 wrote: Thanks, Fennel, that was a very fun virtual tour! I am partial to cheese that bites me back but haven't worked up the courage to try limberger. I'll have to give it a go.

I also like the curd that comes from processing cheddar. We call it "squeaky cheese."

Again, thanks for sharing your tour.
          I love the "squeaky" cheddar curds, too!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh Fennel - I just woke up. Is that what my breakfast is going to be??????
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;998992 wrote: Oh Fennel - I just woke up. Is that what my breakfast is going to be??????
              Nora! Just how late did you stay up last night? :H Sure, you can have some for breakfast, then...I have some diet coke as well! Or, you can have a pear tartlet.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Morning all. Fen, if Nora doesn't want that sanger can you send it my way? Sounds heavenly.
                Nora, I saw you asking on another thread yesterday about protein. Have you thought of getting some of those whey protein powder drinks that athletes use to repair and recover or just for energy? They're high in protein, low in carbs and yummy. I have a few of the high protein, low carb drink boxes in my pantry for when the worms bite. They're delicious chocolatey drinks which are 99% fat free and make a good between meal snack.
                Coco, if you're lurking, big hugs.
                RC, hope the cabin is going well. I saw the pics Ruby posted. Fabulous!
                Have a great day all. :h
                :h Mish :h
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                Only in a world of speculation.
                What might have been and what has been
                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I stayed up until 4:30 this morning. :H I was playing Mario Galaxy on the Wii - Reading - working a jigsaw puzzle. I had so much fun.

Mish - thanks for the info. My son probably has some. I know that he buys protein but I never thought about it. Thanks!!

Hey - Fen! Did we get part two of the tour yet? I hope I didn't miss it. I've been waiting.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;998524 wrote: I totally FORGOT to ask about the men's room! I guess I'll have to return and see for myself.

As for the quarters...yes, somebody in our group did get beaned by one! :H
                    They need to issue hard hats!! :H
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Good morning, people! There's coffee, tea, and diet coke to be had. Also, the usual assortment of pastries and toast. The special of the day is limburger sandwiches! I have one saved for Mish, but I'm certain that others will be wanting to give it a try! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I'll have a Diet Coke and an English muffin please.
                        I'll be happy to give Mish my Limburger sandwich. :H:H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;999341 wrote: I'll have a Diet Coke and an English muffin please.
                          I'll be happy to give Mish my Limburger sandwich. :H:H
                          That's extremely generous of you, Nora. I'm sure that Mish will appreciate the sacrifice you're making. :H

An english muffin today? No bagel? Coming right up!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Cheese tour...the final chapter!

Our final stop was the "Emmi Roth Kase" cheese plant in Monroe, WI.

Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photographs during the actual "tour". This photo was taken from a glassed in corridor. The copper kettles are very similar to those from Switzerland. According to our tour guide, Tony, the kettles were the large size they were because the morning and evening milking results were just able to fit into that size. Also, the huge 180 lb. wheels were made because the farmers were taxed by the "wheel"...

Another photo from behind glass. We are looking into an "affinage" or aging cellar. At the far end is a robotic device that douses the cheese wheels in the bacterial "shmear". This plant was very advanced technologically compared to the Chalet plant. I preferred Chalet. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1421404=5816-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1421404=5817-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1421404=5818-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

At the end of the tour, we were treated to fondue in the demonstration kitchen. Very good!
                              Attached files [img]/converted_files/1421408=5819-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Fennel thanks for sharing your cheese tour. I found it very interesting. Although I'd like to see Dos Gatos expand the limburger menu selection. A nice limburger quiche would be a bit hit I think!?
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X