Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

techie;999367 wrote: Fennel thanks for sharing your cheese tour. I found it very interesting. Although I'd like to see Dos Gatos expand the limburger menu selection. A nice limburger quiche would be a bit hit I think!?
    You're brave! There aren't many limburger recipes beyond sandwiches, because heat intensifies the smell...I already looked it up! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I am gonna have to google limburger, but I dont think I like it.
      I want a fried egg sandwich with runny eggs, so I can "sop"
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I dont have to google anything...I have been fully edumacated now that I read back a few pages and now I KNOW I dont like limburger!!!:H:H
        Way cool tour fen!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

:yay::yay::yay:
          TWO limburger sangers. Thanks Fen, thanks Nora.
          It would be a brave soul indeed to embark upon the cooking of a limburger quiche, let alone the eating of one. However, there are worse ways to go. :H
          Fen, I had my fill of Haggis after two meals, and took the remainder around to my friends the Macgregors. I am going to stop by a specialty gourmet store on the way home from the hospital today in search of limburger...all these memories of foods gone by that you are resurrecting...lovely to actually want
          to eat something again. I think a nice German rye will do it for me. Thanks for part two of the tour. Something I might start to think about doing once I feel up to it. I've done chocolate factory tours, cereal tours, even a shoe factory tour (I used to be a primary school teacher), but usually the wine tours. The Swan Valley has some very fine wineries, but we all know how those tours end up. :upset:
          Have a good day all. XXXX
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Here's my final cheese tour.......Ha!
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mishmash;999695 wrote: :yay::yay::yay:
              TWO limburger sangers. Thanks Fen, thanks Nora.
              It would be a brave soul indeed to embark upon the cooking of a limburger quiche, let alone the eating of one. However, there are worse ways to go. :H
              Fen, I had my fill of Haggis after two meals, and took the remainder around to my friends the Macgregors. I am going to stop by a specialty gourmet store on the way home from the hospital today in search of limburger...all these memories of foods gone by that you are resurrecting...lovely to actually want
              to eat something again. I think a nice German rye will do it for me.
              I'm glad I sparked happy food memories, Mish! :h

It could be my imagination, but I feel so invigorated and full of life today! I wonder if it's the intense "probiotic" hit I'm getting from the limburger?
              If you can't find any, I'll ship you some from here, so be sure to let me know if you found any today!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I really loved the cheese tours Fennel. Thank you so much for putting that up. Now I want to find a tour to go on. :thanks:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Circus daughter Brooke took my mum and me to lunch today...chilli mussels at the Captain Stirling. I suspect this is in lieu of my "birthday lunch" in a couple of weeks, but whatever the occassion, very yummy. Stuffed too full of food to go looking for limburger but plan on an expedition in search of said cheese tomorrow.
                  Went on a bit of a retail therapy thingy today after the good news about my liver...all is well. I spent a hundred and five dollars on organic whey protein, L-Glutamine and Valerian drops...and then went and bought an electric blower/vac/mulcher for the garden. Plan to blow the living daylights out of the patio and garage tomorrow...:muahaha:
                  I love my power tools. Very cathartic...
                  Okay, I've kinda overdone it today...think I'll have an early one. Love to you all.
                  Oh, Mother took some 'interesting' pics of me doing some gardening for her a few weeks back. Will scan and post when I have the energy.
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mishmash;999940 wrote: Circus daughter Brooke took my mum and me to lunch today...chilli mussels at the Captain Stirling. I suspect this is in lieu of my "birthday lunch" in a couple of weeks, but whatever the occassion, very yummy. Stuffed too full of food to go looking for limburger but plan on an expedition in search of said cheese tomorrow.
                    Went on a bit of a retail therapy thingy today after the good news about my liver...all is well. I spent a hundred and five dollars on organic whey protein, L-Glutamine and Valerian drops...and then went and bought an electric blower/vac/mulcher for the garden. Plan to blow the living daylights out of the patio and garage tomorrow...:muahaha:
                    I love my power tools. Very cathartic...
                    Okay, I've kinda overdone it today...think I'll have an early one. Love to you all.
                    Oh, Mother took some 'interesting' pics of me doing some gardening for her a few weeks back. Will scan and post when I have the energy.
                    Congrats on the fantastic news about your health! :jumpwow:

I love power tools, too. I hope you post the pics soon!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;999848 wrote: I really loved the cheese tours Fennel. Thank you so much for putting that up. Now I want to find a tour to go on. :thanks:
                      Are there any cheese plants in your region? I know CA produces the most fluid milk, but I'm not up on your cheese stats...you might have to come to WI!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

No - we seem to have wine tours here Fen. I am going to have to go visit you for my cheese tour.

Mish - GREAT news about your liver. Yahoo! Excellent retail therapy. :H
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1000115 wrote: No - we seem to have wine tours here Fen. I am going to have to go visit you for my cheese tour.

Mish - GREAT news about your liver. Yahoo! Excellent retail therapy. :H
                          I think we should go on a cheddar cheese plant tour or something along those lines...the limburger one was pretty smellvaceous! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Hmmm, hope I didn't eat a bad mussel yesterday. Feel a bit off colour. Maybe I'll leave the limburger for today and see later on how I feel about blasting the patio and garage. It's a bit overcast and not very nice for the garden anyway. Maybe another viewing of "Pride and Prejudice" and a stretch out on the lounge.
                            I stopped at a second hand place and looked at some jigsaw puzzles. Nah. Not for me I don't think, at least not yet. Wish I could find something like that to occupy myself...
                            Oh my goodness...
                            I just had a thought!!! I was just starting to get into cross stitch when my eyes 'went' on me. When I've had the lens implants I can take it up again...:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:
                            Have a great day Fen and Nora.
                            Hugs Coco if you're lurking.
                            Ruby and RC you must be talking up a storm. Missing your posts.
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Clearing out the garden at my Mum's. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1422404=5832-attachment.jpg[/img]
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

This is me cleaning up my Mum's garden
                                last month.
                                Attached files [img]/converted_files/1422407=5833-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1422407=5834-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1422407=5832-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1422407=5836-attachment.jpg[/img]
                                sigpic
                                Never give up...
                                GET UP!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X