Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Blech

I'd prefer to have boiling oil poured under my nails. (Thanks anyway!)
    Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I echo the sentiment Coco
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Seriously - like eating a sandwich made of butt between a couple of dirty socks. Ever smelled your hands after eating a piece of that stuff?
        Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

:H:H:H:H
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

:H:H:H

That's how I feel about smoked oysters. Just the smell makes my tummy lurch and, really, do they look like something you should be putting in your mouth?

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I agree. Hey! Let's start a despicable foods discussion! I'll go first:

Anchovies. Don't even use the same knife on my piece of pizza.
              Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

How about Escargot.......do you know what they really are if you don't use the fancy name?
                SNAILS - have you ever seen the trail they leave? And now you are going to put them in your mouth?!?!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco, I'm shocked at your antipathy for anchovies, being the krill-eating bird that you are!

And mama, I suspect you've never even tried limburger! Now, how can you say you don't like it if you haven't even tried it?

The only disgusting food I can think of off the top of my head is "lutefisk", a norwegian treat my dad used to try to force on us during the Yuletide season. It's cod fish that's been preserved in lye. It requires two soakings in water in a twenty-four hour period to remove the lye (poisonous) and prepare it for baking. It's baked in an enamel roasting pan with tons of butter. The stench that fills the house during the preparation is incredible! When it's finished, it has a gelatinous texture.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Here's a pic.
                    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1423187=5847-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001185 wrote: Seriously - like eating a sandwich made of butt between a couple of dirty socks. Ever smelled your hands after eating a piece of that stuff?
                      I don't like the harsh words flying out of your beak this morning, Missy bird! Perhaps I'll slip some into your bass shake...you'll feel so invigorated, you'll be begging for limburger at every meal!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001171 wrote: F*&^%ing Hell - I turn my back for a few days and you're all eating limburger sandwiches. Really guys - that's enough to gag a maggot. Now - wot say we all chow down on some nice, freshly sliced organic fruit? (Or at least something that doesn't smell like old socks.)

Fennel? Have you been aware of this? I do hope you haven't been coerced into serving it off the truck???? I don't think I'm even going to read back - I just don't want to know.

So - aside from the culinary transgressions, how is everyone?
                        Coco it's wonderful to see you :h
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;1001269 wrote: Coco, I'm shocked at your antipathy for anchovies, being the krill-eating bird that you are!

And mama, I suspect you've never even tried limburger! Now, how can you say you don't like it if you haven't even tried it?

The only disgusting food I can think of off the top of my head is "lutefisk", a norwegian treat my dad used to try to force on us during the Yuletide season. It's cod fish that's been preserved in lye. It requires two soakings in water in a twenty-four hour period to remove the lye (poisonous) and prepare it for baking. It's baked in an enamel roasting pan with tons of butter. The stench that fills the house during the preparation is incredible! When it's finished, it has a gelatinous texture.
                          I think I saw this on Man vs. Food or that other program where they dare that dude to eat disgusting things - can't recall the name - there was all this fish hanging to cure in some shed. Except I don't think it was cooked? Maybe I'm just making all this crap up... Anyhoo, I wasn't salivating I can tell you that...
                          Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Hi Technie - Didn't see you there!
                            Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Despicable foods

Here's another:

Tripe

My mother used to try to feed it to us when we were little. The smell of it cooking could make you hurl.
                              Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001328 wrote: I think I saw this on Man vs. Food or that other program where they dare that dude to eat disgusting things - can't recall the name - there was all this fish hanging to cure in some shed. Except I don't think it was cooked? Maybe I'm just making all this crap up... Anyhoo, I wasn't salivating I can tell you that...
                                The Andrew Zimmern program? I saw that, too. It was fermenting shark in Finland or Iceland...Zimmern could barely keep himself from puking!

I'm happy to report that lutefisk is different from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X