X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001331 wrote: Here's another:

Tripe

My mother used to try to feed it to us when we were little. The smell of it cooking could make you hurl.
    Oh my god...I just "googled" it!:eeew:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;1001333 wrote: The Andrew Zimmern program? I saw that, too. It was fermenting shark in Finland or Iceland...Zimmern could barely keep himself from puking!

I'm happy to report that lutefisk is different from that.
      Yes! That's it! (You know it's bad if Zimmern can't choke it back.)
      Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;1001334 wrote: Oh my god...I just "googled" it!:eeew:
        OMG. Here is where I get confused. Why would someone opt for a colon versus a ribeye?
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

techie;1001345 wrote: OMG. Here is where I get confused. Why would someone opt for a colon versus a ribeye?
          I know. I would only "opt" if there were no "versus."
          Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh come on......around here Menudo is a delicacy. :H:H:H
            Do you know how many times I've been invited over for some menudo after a night out?
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I wonder why I'm a vegetarian. :H:H

A large saucepan (see note below)
              1 calf's foot (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
              2 pounds honeycomb tripe1 large onion
              3 cloves garlic, peeled
              6 peppercorns
              2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
              4 quarts of water
              A comal or griddle
              3 large chiles anchos
              A spice grinder
              A large chile poblano, peeled or 2 canned, peeled green chiles
              The calf's foot
              1/2 cup canned hominy (1 pound) drained (see note below)
              Salt as necessary
              1 scant teaspoon oregano

Have the butcher cut the calf's foot into four pieces. Cut the tripe into small squares.
              Put them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, or until the tripe and foot are just tender but not too soft. Meanwhile, toast the chilies well. Slit them open and remove the seeds and veins from the chile poblano, cut it into strips, and add to the meat while it is cooking. Remove the pieces of calf's foot from the pen, and when they are cool enough to handle, strip off the fleshy parts.
              Chop them roughly and return them to the pan.

Add hominy and continue cooking the menudo slowly, still uncovered, for another 2 hours.

Add salt as necessary. Sprinkle with oregano and serve (see note below).

This amount is sufficient for 7 or 8 people. It should be served in large, deep bowls with hot tortillas and small dishes of chopped chile serranos, finely chopped onion and wedges of lime for each person to help himself, along with Salsa de Tomate Verde Cruda to be eaten with tortillas.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1001357 wrote: I wonder why I'm a vegetarian. :H:H

A large saucepan (see note below)
                1 calf's foot (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
                2 pounds honeycomb tripe1 large onion
                3 cloves garlic, peeled
                6 peppercorns
                2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
                4 quarts of water
                A comal or griddle
                3 large chiles anchos
                A spice grinder
                A large chile poblano, peeled or 2 canned, peeled green chiles
                The calf's foot
                1/2 cup canned hominy (1 pound) drained (see note below)
                Salt as necessary
                1 scant teaspoon oregano

Have the butcher cut the calf's foot into four pieces. Cut the tripe into small squares.
                Put them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, or until the tripe and foot are just tender but not too soft. Meanwhile, toast the chilies well. Slit them open and remove the seeds and veins from the chile poblano, cut it into strips, and add to the meat while it is cooking. Remove the pieces of calf's foot from the pen, and when they are cool enough to handle, strip off the fleshy parts.
                Chop them roughly and return them to the pan.

Add hominy and continue cooking the menudo slowly, still uncovered, for another 2 hours.

Add salt as necessary. Sprinkle with oregano and serve (see note below).

This amount is sufficient for 7 or 8 people. It should be served in large, deep bowls with hot tortillas and small dishes of chopped chile serranos, finely chopped onion and wedges of lime for each person to help himself, along with Salsa de Tomate Verde Cruda to be eaten with tortillas.
                :yukko:

And you guys are hassling me over a little bit of "aged" cheese!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Foot? Now we're eating FOOT?? Hey - I bet that's where the expression about putting your foot in your mouth comes from.
                  Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1001357 wrote: This amount is sufficient for 7 or 8 people. It should be served in large, deep bowls with hot tortillas and small dishes of chopped chile serranos, finely chopped onion and wedges of lime for each person to help himself, along with Salsa de Tomate Verde Cruda to be eaten with tortillas.
                    In my estimation this amount is sufficient for 700 or 800 people. And it should be served in thimbles (even smaller vessels if available) along with an airline sickness bag for each diner.
                    Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001375 wrote: In my estimation this amount is sufficient for 700 or 800 people. And it should be served in thimbles (even smaller vessels if available) along with an airline sickness bag for each diner.
                      :H:H:H I'm with you there!!!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1001353 wrote: Oh come on......around here Menudo is a delicacy. :H:H:H
                        Do you know how many times I've been invited over for some menudo after a night out?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-bsHCM6RI[/video]]YouTube - Menudo performing "If You're Not Here" Live
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I'm with you Tech......they're a group are'nt they !?! Ha! ( I know it's soup too....love the stuff" Ha!) Tony
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I just got done reading a few pages of this thread and I think I peed myself a little. Had to stop because I'm at work.

Oh, and I think I would be more willing to eat the soup before I listened to the band...just not the same without Ricky Martin ya know...!
                            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I'm so happy - Miss Yvonne posted on Dos Gatos. My day is compete.

Wagoneer - have you seen the stage version of Pee Wee's Playhouse??????
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;1001375 wrote: In my estimation this amount is sufficient for 700 or 800 people. And it should be served in thimbles (even smaller vessels if available) along with an airline sickness bag for each diner.
                                :H:H:H
                                Coco, I've really missed your witty commentary!

Comment

Working...
                                X