Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Ruby, will you be serving chicken pot pie at the taco truck? I'll try some!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Uh oh Ms. Fennel--I ate a box of licorice bits and now have a tummy ache. I thought for sure you could help me out with some fennel tea?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mish;1054845 wrote: Ah, yes, the shower trap! I was at my Mum's yesterday and should have nipped upstairs to Brooke's bathroom and collected some. Like me she has very thick hair, but she sheds like mad in the shower. Beautiful, soft auburn ones ideal for craftwork. I'll grab some next time I'm there and put them away for the wintery months and do something very special with them...I'll clean out her hairbrush, too. Great thinking, RC.
        Hey Mish I've missed you! The thing is the dust bunnies act like little micro mops and cling to other dust bunnies as you whisk them around the floor edges. Sounds crazy I know, but I've done many a quick pick ups with these handy little collections. Now we could fashion a handle for them to ease the bending but I'm not sure how marketable they would be once people realized they can replace their own mop heads! Hmmm...........

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Here's yer tea, R.C.!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Aahhhh Bless you Fennel. Wonderful digestive aid and quite tasty too. Should have had that before the licorice!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

OH and further to the dust bunny domestic engineering those little discs that accumulate in the shower traps could be used to scrub a commode. And the hair that builds up in my sink basin easily cleans up by swirling them together. They're like magnets!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

OMG...are we srill going on about hair?? what a sad lot we are!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

mama bear;1057038 wrote: OMG...are we srill going on about hair?? what a sad lot we are!!!
                  It's better than going on and on about farts! Actually, I was intrigued by R.C.'s revolutionary ideas for housekeeping. :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mama - you are right. I have been giving this a lot of thought. RC gave me a great idea. Mish is doing so great building her garden wall.....but hair just isn't strong enough for a wall. So, now I'm collecting dryer lint. I am going to make dryer lint clay. The possibilities are endless. :H:H
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

The walls in our house were originally horsehair plaster, used to help bind the plaster together.
                      RC, my secret to cleaning is keeping the lights low.
                      MB, all the guys (Hub's friends) used to grow beards during hunting season. It got so bad, I threatened to shave everything but an anklet of hair on both ankles and fill his shampoo bottle with Nair.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1057383 wrote: Mama - you are right. I have been giving this a lot of thought. RC gave me a great idea. Mish is doing so great building her garden wall.....but hair just isn't strong enough for a wall. So, now I'm collecting dryer lint. I am going to make dryer lint clay. The possibilities are endless. :H:H
                        RC, I think your dust bunny theory is very exciting and definitely could be marketed in some way. at the time.
                        Nora, once, during one of my very obsessive/compulsive stages I actually collected drier lint in big plastic bags. Not sure why, or what I planned to do with it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time...why are you all laughing?
                        I'm not sure, Nora, where you and Coco got the idea there's hair in them there walls. I just kept growing them while working. The walls are done and many of the gardens complete within them. My squash and cucumbers started producing flowers in the past two days, but so far only male flowers. I've woven a whole roll of hair shadecloth which I'm in the process of putting up over the patio.
                        The biggest job is seiving the entire yard to a depth of two feet, three in some, to get rid of the 'sourgrass' bulbs which lie dormant over Summer. It's the only way to get rid of them so they don't spring up through the lawn when I put it down. Maybe a bit obsessive, but if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
                        Here's a subject we haven't done...platitudes. I hate, hate, hate platitudes.
                        I used to get: "Good things come in little packages," or "We'll just have to put manure in your boots to make you grow," until I could scream.
                        Fen, I would truly love one of your vegie scrambles and a cup of white tea with pear right now, if it's not too much trouble.
                        :h Mish :h
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                        Remaining a perpetual possibility
                        Only in a world of speculation.
                        What might have been and what has been
                        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I have coffee, green tea, kombucha, and a special energy drink made specifically for Nora ...any takers?

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Hey Fennel, I've started making green tea lattes for an energy pick me up. I paid 7 bucks! for one last week at the mall. I have a vita mixer and it works perfect to make one. The milk gets nice and frothy after a couple of minutes super high speed. And easy clean up!(no hairs involved) I can share the recipe if you like.

Mish when I grow up I wanna be like you! Your yard sounds fabulous! I love that you are weeding out the undesirables without chemicals! Bravo!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I'd love the recipe, R.C. Do I need a fancy machine to make it?

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I would give it a go in a blender. The beauty of the vita mixer is that it heats to boiling on highest speed. So I just use hot water and the machine does the rest.

You would need to boil water as well as heat the milk.

I'll try to find the video I watched and then modified for my ease.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X