Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

It is a very good source of protein, and a rarity, as quokkas are only found on a small island off Perth. Rottnest Island is so named as Dutch explorers saw the quokkas and thought they were large rats. They are protected, so I've never eaten one. However, if I'm going to run away and join the commune I might just take a day trip to "Rotto" and smuggle one out in my picnic basket...
    The thing is, they're kinda cute. (Google "quokka).
    Perhaps we can keep it with the chooks and goats??? :H:H:H
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Quokkas........not Coca....right !?! Ha! ( That pic.....the crap they use to sell in the old days....Ha! Yep' you'ld forget about your tooth ache alright ! ha!)
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mishmash;967151 wrote: It is a very good source of protein, and a rarity, as quokkas are only found on a small island off Perth. Rottnest Island is so named as Dutch explorers saw the quokkas and thought they were large rats. They are protected, so I've never eaten one. However, if I'm going to run away and join the commune I might just take a day trip to "Rotto" and smuggle one out in my picnic basket...
        The thing is, they're kinda cute. (Google "quokka).
        Perhaps we can keep it with the chooks and goats??? :H:H:H

I just googled "Quokka"...way too cute
        to eat! I think you should smuggle some breeding pairs in, so we can create a quokka refuge!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

IAD;967271 wrote: Quokkas........not Coca....right !?! Ha! ( That pic.....the crap they use to sell in the old days....Ha! Yep' you'ld forget about your tooth ache alright ! ha!)
          I've never tried cocaine, but if it's like the other "caine" products, I bet it had a numbing effect when placed on the afflicted tooth. Plus, the side effects probably made it so you didn't care if your tooth was hurting, lol! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I slept in a bit, but I've got breakfast ready, at long last. Maybe more of a "brunch" today. I have diet coke (regular or decaf), coffee (regular or decaf), chai latte, tea (herbal or green/black), a morning scramble featuring eggs with tomato, garlic, basil, and a wee bit of fresh mozzarella to top it off. Toast and bagels to go with, fresh butter, lingonberry preserves, raspberry, currant, and orange marmalade- oh, and marmite and vegemite. Nueske's apple wood smoked bacon on the side for anyone interested.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh Fennel - Thank you my dear friend!! I'll take the regular Diet Coke and that lovely morning scramble! :goodjob:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

i slept in late too...cup of hot tea please!!
                football game ended up being very excited, but lost...BARELY!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Diet coke, scramble, and tea coming right up. No breakfast, mama?

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh what can I say...them Chi's are so demanding ! Ha! Tony
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

It's at least 100? today!!!!! You have heard of eggs frying on the sidewalk haven't you????

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel....no thanks for breakfast but I will take the biggest platter of sushi you can prepare....I was just telling hubs I am craving sushi, but being the responsible and completely boring man he is (trust me ...I need someone like him to keep me in line)...he said NO........wahhhhhhh

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

mama, I wish I could "magic" myself down to Florida for a couple of hours! We'd have sushi, and I'd have you back home promptly. What's your fave? I like spicy tuna, spider crab roll, and a "special" roll at Restaurant Muramoto known as the "Dante"...very hot!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;967063 wrote: Tony - Clothing Optional - might have some trouble here. :H:H Of course, I might scared everyone off if I took my clothes off. :H

Mish - I saw where you had posted somewhere else something like 'pay no attention to the one behind the curtain.' It made me laugh - reminded me of The Wizard of Oz!!!!!!!
                            "You and me both, honey." Quote from Mrs Winterbourne, in reference to the comment you made regarding "frightening the tourists." Quote from Monty Python re the German acrobats forming pyramids in the Holiday sketch.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" is indeed from "The Wizard of Oz."
                            My family quotes movie lines as part of everyday speech. I have two daughters of 22 and 27 who know all the MP sketches. My youngest daughter has a repertoire of what she calls "Bimbo Lines." For example, in "The Phantom," the girl asks "Who's flying the 'plane?"
                            Ah dear, pretty tragic when you think of it, but it's all part of being silly.
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;967317 wrote: I just googled "Quokka"...way too cute to eat! I think you should smuggle some breeding pairs in, so we can create a quokka refuge!
                              This idea has since crossed my mind, particularly as on the News last night, all Channels reported that a quokka was bashed on Friday night and might not live. Quokkas are very important to Perthites and "Sandgropers" as West Oz residents are known. Every year at Schoolies some idiot beats up on one of these defenseless marsupials. The fines are enormous, thank goodness.
                              I think I shall have to smuggle a few breeding pairs out as you suggest. A quokka refuge sounds fantastic.
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Fennel friend....I LURVE any sushi...except the really hot stuff..... hubs and I courted over sushi and saki....I had never had it before, and he turned me on to it and i have loved it ever since
                                My fav is eel, tuna, salmon....

Comment

Working...
                                X