• Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fen...that sounds yummy!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Your curiosity seems to be killing you...*insert evil laugh* I have you all in the palm of my hand.............

As for the worms, it is a preventative thing....you worm them every 6-12 months to prevent them getting 'itchy bums' from having worms (I think thread worm and not sure about what others). Are you all telling me that no other nationality gets this situation with kids?? Like when they play with pets or dig around in the dirt???????

Mum used to worm us kids regularly! Symptoms of worms in kids are (Of course-the itchy bum), increased appetite; restless sleep;irritability and in worse case scenario or long term infestation...weight loss and malnutrition!

So come on, I can't beleive that Oz is the only place where this happens..or are our kids just grubby little vegemites afterall???? Hmm, there is possibly an element of truth in that! *urgh*

Treatment is a yummy chocolate medication that the whole family has to have! (And you have to clean everything and do the pets as well) Needless to say, I'm glad it ain't a regular gig!

Off to work now (kids in Day Care) ho hum!! Check in with you later for more entertainment and merriment with the Dos Gatos Gang!
      *cluck*

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

ChickenNumber3;974497 wrote: Your curiosity seems to be killing you...*insert evil laugh* I have you all in the palm of my hand.............

As for the worms, it is a preventative thing....you worm them every 6-12 months to prevent them getting 'itchy bums' from having worms (I think thread worm and not sure about what others). Are you all telling me that no other nationality gets this situation with kids?? Like when they play with pets or dig around in the dirt???????

Mum used to worm us kids regularly! Symptoms of worms in kids are (Of course-the itchy bum), increased appetite; restless sleep;irritability and in worse case scenario or long term infestation...weight loss and malnutrition!

So come on, I can't beleive that Oz is the only place where this happens..or are our kids just grubby little vegemites afterall???? Hmm, there is possibly an element of truth in that! *urgh*

Treatment is a yummy chocolate medication that the whole family has to have! (And you have to clean everything and do the pets as well) Needless to say, I'm glad it ain't a regular gig!

Off to work now (kids in Day Care) ho hum!! Check in with you later for more entertainment and merriment with the Dos Gatos Gang!
        *cluck*
        No, my sisters and I got them when we were little. Sounds like the same ones! I think we were only "wormed" once, though. :H Sounds quite labor intensive, so I'm glad you don't have to do it often. :h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

I remember my MIL talking about them. She has a cleaning fetish, though. I sometimes think I'd like a nice, big, tapeworm. Then I could eat anything I wanted! :H

Worms affecting people in Australia
          Worldwide there are many worms that can affect humans, but in most parts of Australia only the threadworm, (Enterobius vermicularis) is common.
          Adults as well as children can get threadworms.
          About one month after the egg of the threadworm is swallowed, the adult worm comes out of the child's bottom (anus) and lays her eggs on the skin around the opening causing very bad itching. Scratching or not washing hands after going to the toilet can result in the eggs being carried on the hands back to the mouth, when another cycle of worm production begins.
          The eggs can also be moved onto clothing, bedding, and other surfaces, where other people can pick them up. The eggs can survive up to 2 weeks on surfaces.
          Adult worms can live for up to 6 weeks, but people can be re-infested even while they have worms if they swallow more of the eggs.
          Dogs or cats do not get threadworms, so pets do not cause threadworm infections in humans.
          However children can get different worms from animals, so it is important to 'worm' animals regularly for their own health and for the health of the family.
          Human infestation with other worms such as roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms (including the hydatid tapeworm) is not common in Australia.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

[SIZE=4]Fen - Thank you so much for my wonderful dinner. Absolutely delicious and just what I needed today.
            Of course, I could have done without the dinner conversation of worms & more worms.
            But, if you can't beat them, then I guess you have to join them.....here is a new specimen of worm..................
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Merry, merry Halloweny ! Ha! ( My back yard ! Ha!)

?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh how COOL - IAD!!!!!!!!!!
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

IAD..that's a smokin' backyard!
                  Ruby..thanks for the information...interesting, revolting but still interesting!!!!!
                  Long day at work, have just thrown a handful of almonds down my throat and am sipping lemon & soda water!!!! Had random thoughts of Al, but that's all..staying strong!!!!!!
                  Now where's that dang truck.. I could do with some yummo tacos right now..especially if I don't have to cook!!!
                  Chook

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Yup, the walking germ is staying home from work. I intend to to drug him regularly.
                    Very scary yard, Tony!
                    Nora, I must confess my mind digressed to a low point when I first saw you pics - I first thought it was a giant penis! :H
                    My pumpkin tree is almost ripe. I'll bring some along.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

ChickenNumber3;974497 wrote: Your curiosity seems to be killing you...*insert evil laugh* I have you all in the palm of my hand.............

*cluck*
                      OK I don't mean to brag, but we've got HEAD LICE here. And the treatment for them isn't yummy chocolate either!!!

(And if anyone cares to know a natural treatment that works feel free to ask me!)
                      Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;974864 wrote: OK I don't mean to brag, but we've got HEAD LICE here. And the treatment for them isn't yummy chocolate either!!!

(And if anyone cares to know a natural treatment that works feel free to ask me!)
                        Maybe put those daisy fleabane plants in your kid's hair? Chrysanthemums? Otherwise, it's that noxious shampoo.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

OR, coat your kid's heads in a thick layer of vaseline, thus starving the lice of oxygen? Of course, getting the vaseline off their heads will produce another issue.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;974549 wrote: [SIZE=4]Fen - Thank you so much for my wonderful dinner. Absolutely delicious and just what I needed today.
                            Of course, I could have done without the dinner conversation of worms & more worms.
                            But, if you can't beat them, then I guess you have to join them.....here is a new specimen of worm..................
                            Glad you liked your dinner, Nora! Mrs. Fennel liked it so much, she's coming home for lunch today.

Oh, and Jabba the Hutt always freaked me out!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

DING, DING, DING - Fennel got the answer. It is Jabba the hut! NOT a penis!!!

And - I do want to know about the lice treatment!!! I remember when my son had it and of course then I got it. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!! :upset: It was awful.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Not fat enough for Jabba - he was GROSS!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X