Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

rubywillow;964764 wrote: Oh, I know they have to be fenced, Cin, and they are little devils! Moll, they'll eat ANYTHING!! Glad your son is sorted.

Why do you always see them up on the roof? And how does the lawn get up there with them? (Inquiring minds want to know...)
    Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Here's my Goat (GTO) That's what I'm talking about ! Ha!
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Cinders;964716 wrote: Okay, just a reality check here...

Hubby and his coworker went to their manger's home in Colorado to discuss some business.

When they arrived, the goats swarmed the coworker's brand new truck and jumped on the hood and in the back and where they could fit.

If you get goats, Rubes, fence them in!!

However, I am quite sure this does not allow me to post on the silliness thread and now I may have to delete my post.

Am I talking to myself?

Is there something different about that?

I love the idea of this thread. Good idea!!

Now I have to go find something silly to contribute.

Cindi
        I think the swarming goat story was most appropriate. Welcome to the madhouse!
        Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

IAD;964783 wrote: Here's my Goat (GTO) That's what I'm talking about ! Ha!
          I'd be extremely surprised to see one of those on the roof.
          Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;964781 wrote: Why do you always see them up on the roof? And how does the lawn get up there with them? (Inquiring minds want to know...)
            That is a store near our cabin, called 'Goats On The Roof'. Big tourist attraction!
            Tony, our best friend had a blue GTO, same model, with black stripes.
            When I carried the mail, have to drive down into this little enclave of families on a dead-end dirt road. They had a HUGE dog that chased me, and one day he bit a hole in my tire WHILE I was driving. I refused to go back there!!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco signing off for the night. Wish me luck!!!
              Coco

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

mollyka;964758 wrote: Don't know a lot about goats - they do eat grass?! I love my chickens tho!
                Just been dealing with teenager - he left school early yesterday and missed football to meet his girlfriend and they had beer and got caught and he got himself into an awful muddle! We talked it out tho and he is grand, I'm wrecked!
                Molly
                No, Molly, not "just dealing with a teenager." Well I hope you are. My son was taking golf lessons at his school at 12 years old and he was caught stealing beer from the cabinet at that time.

The Principal at his school called me up so indiignant with his actions. Today, I stand here and realize what he was and is dealing with.

Alcoholism.

I was placed in the spot where many parents are and would be. At the time I did not recognize what my son was dealing with.

Alcoholism.

At a young age he was dealing with it because I do now realize, we are born with it.

I may not have "reached" it at the same time but he is trying to deal with it today. Just like I am.

It sucks.

I don't know where I am going with this but please, please, get your son help if he needs it.

I didn't. I thought it was a matter of mind over matter at the time. I had no idea.

One thing I am grateful for today is that I am an alcoholic and now I understand what my children are going through. It is hard. Really hard.

My son and my daughter go through this every day.

I did and didn't. But today I do.

Now I understand.

This is not easy. This is a lifetime. At 50+. I think this is a huge amount of time to be AF. I cannot imagine what a teenager would be looking at.

I am not saying your teen is an an alcohlic, I am just asking when you look at that teen, thinking through their lives, dealing with this, what they would they would be dealing with.

It truly is one day at a time and those days can be daunting. Expecially if you are a teenager.

Whew. I cannot believe I posted this. I never wanted to. My children and I are all three alcohlics. My husband is not. He just wants us all to be safe and well.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

whatcha need luck for???? you are gonna be fine
                  Ruby is a big,fat liar......that is HER house......
                  Molls..I can relate....I caught my son with pot two summers ago.......OMG
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

cinders
                    your post touched me and you are blessed to have such a great husband
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Cin, it's good to fess up sometimes. Unload a bit.
                      MB my dog only bites OTHER people and their tires, not mine! :H
                      Good luck, Coco!
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

rubywillow;964790 wrote: That is a store near our cabin, called 'Goats On The Roof'. Big tourist attraction!
                        Looks like those critters even have their own satellite t.v.! Talk about spoiled!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Hubs and I were in a tourist shop in Helen, Ga. near the cabin and while we were in there a HUGE billy goat came in the open door. There was the young owner and an older salesperson there, and the goat starts going around, pulling things off the tables. The older lady was yelling, 'Shoot it Ann! Shoot it!' and the young woman was wringing her hands. It was her husband's goat which was supposed to be tied outside with a rope, which he'd chewed through. Hubs finally grabbed him by the horns and I got a leather belt from a rack, put it around his neck, and the owner told us where to take him to tie him back up, while she called her husband. Hubs smelled like a billy goat the rest of the day. (really foul)
                          sigpic

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Thanks Cinders, I have discussed alcoholism with all my children - explained the dangers of it carrying on to them. I watch him like a hawk - the rest are all grown up, can't do anything about them but actually none of them show the slightest interest in booze. I suspect this one is just testing boundaries at the mo. but yes I agree, they need watching!
                            Thanks again for your very caring post
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Coco-Nut;964793 wrote: Coco signing off for the night. Wish me luck!!!
                              Good luck, Coco! :l

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Room for a silly swan that loves marmite,goats and tacos?:H

Comment

Working...
                                X