Meet Me At Dos Gatos

naw..the possum was just scraped up off the dirt road
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

mama bear;1001922 wrote: You've got a purty mouth....hehehehehehehe
      :H:H:H:H
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Sqeal like a pig ! Ha!
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

you best boy...!!!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh my gosh!! What is happening here?!?!
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1002244 wrote: Oh my gosh!! What is happening here?!?!
              :H:H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1002244 wrote: Oh my gosh!! What is happening here?!?!
                "DELIVERANCE"! :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Nora, you're such a movie-goer...have you not seen "Deliverance"? :h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

You know what? I could never bring myself to watch that one! I read the book though.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

i loves nora miss

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Is that the Dueling Banjos scene?
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

NoraC;1002280 wrote: Is that the Dueling Banjos scene?
                          yes it is :H

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;1001600 wrote: Mish...how on EARTH do you prepare pig's trotters? :H
                            I prefer the pigs' trotters pickled. Cooking them is simple...just pop them into a pot of water, bring them to the boil and simmer them until they're tender. Stick a skewer or knife into them to test them. About an hour to an hour and a half should be long enough, depending on the size. When they're done serve them up and get into them...wonderful eating them with your hands, mmmm, yummy, yummy. I like a bit of the liquid served with them as it sets into a jelly. All that wonderful gelatine. A deliciously sticky, messy dish.:chef:
                            :h Mish :h
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                            Remaining a perpetual possibility
                            Only in a world of speculation.
                            What might have been and what has been
                            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

fennel;1001269 wrote: Coco, I'm shocked at your antipathy for anchovies, being the krill-eating bird that you are!

And mama, I suspect you've never even tried limburger! Now, how can you say you don't like it if you haven't even tried it?

The only disgusting food I can think of off the top of my head is "lutefisk", a norwegian treat my dad used to try to force on us during the Yuletide season. It's cod fish that's been preserved in lye. It requires two soakings in water in a twenty-four hour period to remove the lye (poisonous) and prepare it for baking. It's baked in an enamel roasting pan with tons of butter. The stench that fills the house during the preparation is incredible! When it's finished, it has a gelatinous texture.
                              I described this to my mum who married a lovely Swedish chap called Bengt, nicknamed Bertie, after my dad died. She said that one year he requested lutefisk for Christmas lunch. Mother said when they bought it it looked like a large lump of dried leather covered in caustic soda which had to be soaked for several weeks or months (deliberate exageration) then boiled for several days (another exageration I take it) until it was a sticky, gluey lump. Bertie wanted it served with a white sauce that Mother said could have been used for pasting wallpaper. She said the whole process was disgusting, but all things considered, it didn't taste too bad.
                              Apparently it can be boiled or baked and she has more recipes for it under her Yuletide section of her Cookery Book.
                              :h Mish :h
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                              Remaining a perpetual possibility
                              Only in a world of speculation.
                              What might have been and what has been
                              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mish - that is so funny that your Mom knew all about it. My husbands family is of Swedish heritage. I don't remember them ever talking about this. And, I know that they didn't cook it for me. :H
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X