Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Oh gosh...Iced tea and soda + mineral water here at the truck tonight. 87 degrees and who knows how high the humidity is? Thank goodness my fireflies are out tonight to keep me company. :h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Iced tea please!!! Extra ice.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Did I hear someone say falafel????? :thanks:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

OH JOY!!!

Just cruising through recent posts and threads and here, on page 2 and not 20, is beloved Dos Gatos...and the current topic...hairs
          . True, I had to pinch myself.

Tony and Ruby, thank you for your kind words re my wee lost girlie. 'Twas horrible to lose her, but I have a new baby who is bringing me much joy and pleasure.

While we're talking hair stories, when my younger daughter, Ashe, was in preschool, one of the teachers, Mrs Parker, was (and no doubt. remains) what can only be referred to as 'hirsuite.' Ashe solemnly asked her, "Mrs Parker, why do you have a moustache?" Mrs P paused no longer than a couple of seconds before answering, "That's just the way God made me, dear." I've always respected her for that!

I'm getting a supply of tiny but richly golden bantam eggs at the moment and made a delicious omelette from my garden and pantry. I soaked some skitake mushrooms and then put them in a bowl with finely sliced carrot, spring onion, capsicum, spinach and poured soy over them. These were used to fill the omelette, giving it a nice Asian touch. Just thought it might make an interesting addition to the breakfast fare.
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Whew! The truck had been towed and was parked behind the Jade Monkey tavern again!

Okay...I've put some air in the tires, switched out the cooking grease, removed suspicious protein sources from the grill (the one at the front of the truck, lol!) and I'm ready for the breakfast hour.

I have pomegranate spritzers, diet coke, coffee, tea, water and orange juice.

For brekkie, I have toast with jelly, peanut butter, marmite, etc. Egg or tofu scramble. Breakfast burrito with veg filling or moggy filling. Any takers?

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

My sexy staff and I....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1684774=6427-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Where are my manners? From left to right, we have Rubes, Nora, Grateful, Me, Mama and Vick. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1684777=6427-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Great to Dos Gatos back on the front page. I so miss the craziness here which helped me so much in the early days of my journey.
                  :h Mish :h
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                  Remaining a perpetual possibility
                  Only in a world of speculation.
                  What might have been and what has been
                  Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Mish;1193053 wrote: Great to Dos Gatos back on the front page. I so miss the craziness here which helped me so much in the early days of my journey.
                    I seem to recall lashing you to the fore of the truck as a hood ornament and decorating you...those days are long gone, aren't they Mish? :h You are doing so well!

I need to get the truck on a regular schedule again. Once Coco took a leave of absence, things went downhill. If I put out a bass shake or krilly croquette dish, I bet I can lure her back here occasionally!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Midnight snack, anyone? I have nutella and toast, bass shakes and pumpkin muffins. :h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Pumpkin muffin please.
                        Thank you!
                        I have just made some tea!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Abi, it just so happens that I have some Pumpkin muffins with...CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!:h

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

You know, I really thought the new uniforms we're all wearing would draw more of a crowd. So much for showing all that cleavage, Rubes! I think I'll go back to my original idea of dressing like tortillas!

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Awww...how else can I convince little Coco to come around here?

I think the uniforms were Ruby's idea...something about "letting it all hang out" drawing peeps in to the truck.

Comment

Meet Me At Dos Gatos

Two bass shakes coming right up, Zen...complete with eyeball garnishes! That's Coco's favorite part.

Comment

Working...
                                X