Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anatabuse and Caffeine

any body know anything about this????
    Some of us have made a pact to start antabuse together and just found out we can't have caffeine....
    please say it ain't so
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Anatabuse and Caffeine

It ain't so!
    I'm drinking some right now, as we "speak". The only thing Antabuse interacts with is alcohol. Unless you're spiking your coffee, you will be fine! :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Hi Mama B,

It look like Antabuse can increase the effects of caffeine but you don't have to give it up, just be aware and cut back if you're jittery. Here are a couple of detailed sources. Good luck! xoxo Pride

CAFFEINE: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Antabuse Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Ooh Mama, where's your pact thread (if you have one)? I am desperate to start and am talking to my alcohol worker about it on Friday and have GP appointment on Monday as well. If they give it to me I might have to join you a bit later, but I'd be really interested in this as it would be useful to share experiences and support.
        K x
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Hi Kimberley!
          We haven't really started a pact thread, it's basically Mama Bear, Overit2007 and myself that are sharing this Antabuse journey....but you and anyone else are more than welcome to join. I know that Overit and I have both shared success taking this medication. Let us know how it goes with your appointments! :h

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Cool thanks K9 - I will update you all if/when the doc lets me have them. Otherwise it's internet pharmacy for me. I really believe this will be the key to cracking it for me while I work on my 'stuff'...
            K x

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Are there any side effects from antabuse that you have felt K9, mama, over-it? I understand staying completely off the alcohol. I guess you would have to be careful of daily things like mouthwash, etc.. too?? What about stuff cooked with wine as the alcohol evaporates from the cooking? Hmmmmm.

I'm struggling a bit. Tried the nal and it made me soooooo drousy I might as well be hungover. It actually made me more tired than being hung. grrrrrrrr.

Caffiene - that's good news. I think caffiene would be even harder to quit then alcohol - seriously!

I'll keep reading the post to see how everyone is doing!
              Meech

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Nora is jping us as well, and coco may be considering it......i have not gotten mine yet....
                k9....what dosage do you take every day??? do you titrate up?

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Hi - all. I guess maybe we should start a thread because we have several going now in different places.
                  But, here's the lowdown. I started mine yesterday. I didn't notice any major side effects. Felt a little tired and a little dizzy a various times of the day. Nothing major at all. Probably had nothing to do with the Antabuse. I actually felt a great sense of relief after taking it. Like I didn't have to worry about thinking about alcohol now. If that makes any sense. Anyway, after talking to K9 and a few others, I have decided that I am not going to take a pill every day. I am going to take half a pill every other day. I will continue like this until I see my Psychiatrist on October 29. The Doctor that prescribed the med for me was not familiar with it and so I am going to err on the side of caution. That will keep it in my system so that I can't drink and that is what I want.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

My dosage is as follows:
                    First 7 days = 2 pills per day
                    Up to 30 days = 1 pill per day
                    After 30 days = 1 pill every other day

I haven't had any side effects from this medication. I still use all my normal products, nail polish remover, facial cleansers, etc. I've never had any reaction to any foods either.

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

K9 - Do you know if there is a reason that you take more at the beginning? Just curious. I really wish that I could get in to see the Psych dr sooner. My GP didn't know anything at all about it. Thanks!! :l
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Kimberly......jump on board...I ordered mine from Goldpharma.com

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

Thanks - I spoke to my alcohol worker today who sent me to get blood tests done. Now she's going to talk to the doctors at the alcohol centre so they can interview me to see if I am suitable to prescribe for. Won't find out until Octobersome time, but at least it feels like things are moving

Recovery Videos

Comment

Anatabuse and Caffeine

awesome...let us know how the tests turn out

Comment

Working...
                            X