Clear All

Another Antabuse Question

too cute
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora and Mama,

Im really proud of you both for taking the plunge and trying the A. Really really proud.

Im thinking again of starting in November. Maybe sooner!!! I like to start at the beginning of a month (my perfectionism lol). Im not having the greatest October. Its not been OcSober at all!

Todays a new day. Missing you all the sending out big virtual hugs to you. Happy Birthday K-9!!!!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Thanks OI - You know that you are a big reason why we were able to do it. :l:l:l Thanks for all the support.
        Hang in there!!
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora,
          How are you finding the antabuse? Any adverse reactions yet? I have only been on it a couple of weeks, but it was already saved my arse a couple of times.

Once I had a situation where if I hadn't been on it, it would've been 50/50 as to whetehr I would drink to deal with what was going on. And a couple of days ago, I had an 100% would-have-drunk situation.

It made me very tired and legtharic at first, but I feel like my energy is coming back. The only unpleasant side effect so far is that I do have a weird taste in my mouth - yuk! I hope that goes eventually.

Kx
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Thanks Nora..

Funny thing is I was also doing pretty great with the A. I had a completely sober September!!! Yahoo! Then I stopped taking it and drank way to close to it not being out of my system. As you know, that freaked me out a bit!!! How insane of me that I pushed the envelope that much and put myself at risk. Am I really that crazy?? (dont answer LOL)

Truth is... I have just been plain old lazy lately. Knowing I need to make changes, but being too damn lazy. Going through a breakup, so had that as an excuse. I need to stop being lazy and get rid of the excuses... Step 1!

Love you guys, Ill get there. Thanks for always being there for me!! Have a great day, off to work for me.
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Kim,
              The antabuse has definitely saved me this past month. I had major things going on here at home and I know that my response would have been to drink to numb/forget. Well, that wasn't an option. So, I had to deal with it all sober. I admit that I have the occasional - wow, I wish I could have a drink.....but I sure haven't had any huge cravings. I just know that I can't drink.
              No side effects at all. Still a little concerned about the flu shot today. It's at work and I certainly don't want to have a reaction there and have to say what's going on. I am really tired but I think that is the stress of what is going on here at home.
              Glad that it's working out so well for you.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OI - When you are ready - you have the pills. You have to be sure though!! You will get thru this patch. We are with you.:l:l:l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OI - I am behind you 100% when you are ready! Sorry you haven't had the best month. Hang in there and remember we are here for you! Love you girlie!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                  X