Success with Campral + MWO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As some of you know my shrink yesterday refused to prescribe Topa. Instead he is putting me in counseling and has me continuing the Campral (which I've been on for eight weeks). I am going to start adding some supps to the Campral (without him knowing) to see if the combo will work better.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success either reducing drinking or ABS using Campral and MWO instead of Topa and MWO?

Any Campral success stories out there to motivate me?

Hi Andy,

I am sorry that you doc wouldn't prescribe you the topa. Where you only doing the campral are were you doing any other other aspects of MWO? I am doing campral as well and am struggling a bit, but can confess that I am doing it without much else from the MWO program right now.

I had great success using the MWO program with topa before but only when I added supps, hypno and exercise to the program did I really see results. I am at day 5 AF and am hoping to maintain.

-Nina

Comment

katesm wrote: Hi Andy,

I used Campral and MWO and have had great success. I have not tried the Topa.

Campral will be ineffective if you drink. That is, it will be of no benefit in an attempt at moderation. It is highly recommended to do a period of Abs, even if you want to do Mods in the long term. Perhaps you can use the Campral for the 30 days suggested and then reassess from there?

Good luck to you.

Kate.
      Thanks Kate. Wow, I just added GABA and L-Glutamine to the Campral and I actually have a little energy buzz and no immediate desire to drink. Maybe it's in my head or it's just because its the first time I combined Campral with anything. I'm going to order the Kudzu off the site today.:thanks:

Comment

UPDATE: I got my Kudzu, so now I am amped up on that, L-Glut, Campral and GABA. I'm wondering how instant the Kudzu works. Do you need to build it up in your system like Campral.

By the way, thanks to this site, I have been doing really well with Mods the last two weeks.

Comment

I have had success with Campral, in combination with the supplements. Even if you drink, just keep taking your Campral and supplements. The Campral without the supplements didn't work well for me. Understand, your doctor doesn't want to go out on limb and prescribe Topa, when it isn't FDA approved for alcoholism.
          Meow-Meow
          MonaKitty

Comment

MonaCat wrote: I have had success with Campral, in combination with the supplements. Even if you drink, just keep taking your Campral and supplements. The Campral without the supplements didn't work well for me. Understand, your doctor doesn't want to go out on limb and prescribe Topa, when it isn't FDA approved for alcoholism.
            Which supps do you take and how often? Just curious! I am taking one GABA per day, two KUDZU and two L-Glut, along with Campral, of course.

Comment

take 3 K. 3 times a day. and get all in one powder (great stuff) gotta mix it tho! (with something good n/alc)!

Comment

gateway wrote: take 3 K. 3 times a day. and get all in one powder (great stuff) gotta mix it tho! (with something good n/alc)!
                Do you mean take nine pills of Kudzu per day or three Kudzu pills per day?

Comment

Working...
                X