X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, and again and again!

I

Gumby, you have to make yourself get into the right mind-set to get started. You have to want it so much that it's easier to stop drinking than to keep going - then it's like getting on a roll. Just commit to ONE day, just the one - say to yourself that no matter what happens THIS DAY I will not drink. Tomorrow is another day, when tomorrow comes I will deal with tomorrow. It is as simple or as complicated as that, you decide! I still look at people who have a year sober, 2-3 years sober and wonder will I ever be able to do that? I don't need to do that, I only need to stay sober today
    Good luck Gumby and stick around, if you want it you CAN do it
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Gumby - I agree with Molly. You CAN do this if you really want to. I would add that you have to want to do this for YOURSELF and make a commitment to take it one day at a time.

Here is a thread that I find helpful to read through whenever I think I may want to have a drink: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html. Perhaps some of this will resonate with you and help you with your journey.

Best of luck!
      John
      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Gumby, its great to see you back!!!!

No matter how you feel you CAN do this, I was here almost 3 years before I finally decided that 'this is it' ....... I did a home detox last August and it's all been so much better since .........

Go for it, like the others have said, ODAT works a treat .........

All the best and keep us posted xxx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
        X