X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th Sept 2010

Good morning sleepy heads..
    a glorious sober saturday morning...
    no hangover reaching for the half finished leftover drink...sticking another ice cube in it to make it cold again..
    still tasted shit, but I don't suppose I tasted anything...then top it up again bit more lemonade to bring the fizz back..and then bit more vodka coz couldn't taste the kick...
    blah, blah.......

NO MORE, NEVER NO MORE......NEVER AGAIN.......AND NEVER FORGET THOSE WORDS NEVER AGAIN...!!!:h:h

It's good, innit Jan?
    My average Saturday would begin by me finishing off any dregs and waiting for the off licence to open. I'm off up the hills today, as fresh as the proverbial daisy and ready for anything...Yay!!!
    I hope you all have a peaceful weekend.

Comment

Hiya Pop's.. yep lifes coolio sober isn't it..

Ollie's still snooozing, gonna let him stay that way for quiet a time yet...
      casa peace rules....:H

you're getting nice and fit as well now aren't you??
      howz the running going in your sexy suit....
      any wolf whistles yet..:H

Comment

Good morning early risers, Have a great day Popeye! You are quite sporty aren't you?? You asked the other day what I do-I teach English as a Foreign Language to French businessmen! I like my job but if I'm tired it's difficult because they are very demanding -asking loads of questions etc. And of course I have to stay interested and professional. But I can't complain because at least I have a job! And YES! ISN'T it great waking up to a SOBER SATURDAY! Jan--do you speak Spanish or English with Ollie-or both? My son is 7 and growing up in a bilingual environment too.

Comment

Good morning Pops, Jan and Expat.
          What a buzzy bunch you are this morn!
          Pops so jealous of your hill walking, I feel as if I havent done a decent walk fir ages.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ladyjan;967113 wrote: Hiya Pop's.. yep lifes coolio sober isn't it..

Ollie's still snooozing, gonna let him stay that way for quiet a time yet...
            casa peace rules....:H

you're getting nice and fit as well now aren't you??
            howz the running going in your sexy suit....
            any wolf whistles yet..:H
            The running's fine.
            I've to take a big stick to beat off hordes of lovlies....I wish.

Comment

expat3;967114 wrote: Good morning early risers, Have a great day Popeye! You are quite sporty aren't you?? You asked the other day what I do-I teach English as a Foreign Language to French businessmen! I like my job but if I'm tired it's difficult because they are very demanding -asking loads of questions etc. And of course I have to stay interested and professional. But I can't complain because at least I have a job! And YES! ISN'T it great waking up to a SOBER SATURDAY! Jan--do you speak Spanish or English with Ollie-or both? My son is 7 and growing up in a bilingual environment too.
              Hi expat, I speak both with him we swich from one to the other..which ever one gets more response...:H
              but it's funny when we I suddenly notice poeples faces when we are rattling off in spanish and then switch to half & half, his TV is half & half as well, some things he like in spanish and half english.
              When he first came home his english was very poor, was hard for him to understand me, as I just naturally spoke in english, but then when I realised he was confused, I made sure to only speak in spanish for him.
              But then Ollie asked for the TV to be put in english (coz majority of our progs you can choose either) I asked him why as the spanish was easier for him and I normally had it in spanish anyway..
              He said he wanted to get used to hearing it with the cartoons he knows so he can learn..he wanted to learn english...his choice....

They pick up both easily, both my older children were brought up the same, they talk spanish with their mates at school and when out to play, then mainly english in the house with me, but between them selves it was blblblblblblblblblb fast in spanish and all the chopped off words so I couldn't even understand it was so fast.....

Now they are natural bilingual with not an accent on either language and has opened many doors for them..
              yes push for perfection in both languages,,,

is your boy at french school or english????
              mine both went to spanish, I think it's a mstake to put them in their maternal/paternal language school..they lose the edge....just my opinion..:l

Comment

Morning Starts, How are you doing this morning? How's the weather over there this weekend?

Comment

Popeye;967120 wrote: The running's fine.
                  I've to take a big stick to beat off hordes of lovlies....I wish.
                  :H:H:H
                  Just let me know which hill u are walking and I will come for a quick stalk

Comment

expat3;967114 wrote: Good morning early risers, Have a great day Popeye! You are quite sporty aren't you??
                    Gotta keep moving or I'll seize up.

Comment

startingover;967123 wrote: :H:H:H
                      Just let me know which hill u are walking and I will come for a quick stalk
                      Ben Vorlich on Loch Lomond side.
                      I'll be there most of the day

Comment

Hiya expat.
                        Not too bad, always feel ok in the mornings then as the day wears on and I spend time with my poor mum I get exhausted. My brother is over for the weekend as its her birthday on Monday so that will help loads
                        Weather is chilly but bright over here today.
                        How about for you?

Comment

Popeye;967126 wrote: Ben Vorlich on Loch Lomond side.
                          I'll be there most of the day
                          I;ll be the one with the big smile and skanky undies.
                          Ya cant miss me :H

Comment

Trying this 'multi-quote thing...I'm all over the place

Comment

Right, I'm off.
                              See you later.

Comment

Working...
                              X