Army Thread 25th Sept 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jan, It sounds like your household is pretty much the same as mine:H! Except for us its French! My son is at the normal little French school in our town. The bilingual schools in Paris are about 18,000 euros for the school year!!!! HELLO! I don't even earn that much! But we speak English at home and I try to provide dvd's and books in English as often as possible. I must admit-his French is stronger than his English at this time. But I'm not too worried because his sister-she's 12- is bilingual, no accent in either language. Unlike "maman" haha! I'm fluent but kept my accent.

Comment

OK-better start getting some things done. My house is horribly cluttered! I need to just start throwing shite out. We're moving next month so this is a good time to "declutter and be happy"! I know I'll feel better after doing it but I just have to get motivated. There's a FB site that's called "I can't clean my room because I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find":H. That's me! Well, its overcast and chilly so a good day to fill bin bags and just get crap out of here! Starts-enjoy the weekend with your mum:l Talk later--expat

Comment

expat3;967134 wrote: Hey Jan, It sounds like your household is pretty much the same as mine:H! Except for us its French! My son is at the normal little French school in our town. The bilingual schools in Paris are about 18,000 euros for the school year!!!! HELLO! I don't even earn that much! But we speak English at home and I try to provide dvd's and books in English as often as possible. I must admit-his French is stronger than his English at this time. But I'm not too worried because his sister-she's 12- is bilingual, no accent in either language. Unlike "maman" haha! I'm fluent but kept my accent.
        sounds like we're the same..yep their english is weaker at first coz they are more time with their friends than with us, and the education is french/spanish as well.
        Have they started prattling of in french with eachother yet to the speed that you lose lots of wot they are saying....???? if not yet,,,,it WILL come...secrets, secrets between eachother and we can't say nothing coz they're not whispering...and yes I am fluent also In spanish..I work as a translator and have just passed the entrance exam so I can take the 6mthpre Uni course to prepare me to study for my degree...

Comment

I'd love to speak another language properly. I always try whenever I'm away.
          I'm currently fluent in English and Gibberish.

Comment

M?re, almal. Sjoe, julle is darem geselserig so vroeg in die oggend
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;967141 wrote: M?re, almal. Sjoe, julle is darem geselserig so vroeg in die oggend
              :soapbox: :eeew: :blah: :hijacked: :licked: :bling

Right back at ya tiggerooooonie....

Comment

Morning Army. How are we all today? Popeye enjoy your walk in the hills, its sounds great. Starts, glad your brother is helping out for the weekend. Jan enjoy the peace for as long as it lasts. Hiya Expat, Tips and all who drop by.

Comment

Erm .......... clever people talking multiple languages

Have I got the Army thread????? or have we been infiltrated???? :H:H
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

***ESTE HILO HA SIDO SECUESTRADO***

Comment

betty boop;967152 wrote: Erm .......... clever people talking multiple languages

Have I got the Army thread????? or have we been infiltrated????

THIS IS AN INVASION......
                      IT'S NOW THE F.F. :H:H:H

Comment

:H:H:H
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Morning Starts,LJ,Xpat,Tips,Pops,Opal,BB and all those yet to drop by.

I only speaky two languages ye Olde English and SHOUTING
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;967158 wrote: Morning Starts,LJ,Xpat,Tips,Pops,Opal,BB and all those yet to drop by.

I only speaky two languages ye Olde English and SHOUTING
                            BOTH THE SAME WHEN YA GOT KIDS...:H:H

GOOD MORNING MUMMY:l

Comment

hi guys a very quick hello from me, thank God the sun is out at last I was beginning to think the UK had no sky!

Went out with my friend last night and she got very drunk, we were in this really sleezy bar and i was fascinated as I watched them all gulp down the AL like there lives depended on it (they probably do!) She kept saying, "I will just have one more" oh i shudder at the memory of these day!

I can hear her stiring and imagine she will be feeling dreadful, just wanted to say hi as i really miss my lifeline here when out of my safe environment. Its not that im tempted to drink but when circumstances are different to the norm I realize how much I need this place to check into. Its like it centres me again, I guess its because its the only place I can come and be totally honest about how I feel. Thanks for always being here :l
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning Chill,

We're over here, yooooooo hoooooooo

You wanna hear me shouting now Jan,now that the son and heir lives in Leeds
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X