Army Thread 25th Sept 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind altering substances probably not a good idea for people like us. But who am I to lecture anyone hun.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

You are SO right KTAB I just had a moment of relapsing into the old crazy me, but actually the new healthy me doesn't even eat anything without dissecting the ingredients! I prefer the new me, it was a bloody stupid thing to do and I'm going to a pub this afternoon to listen to a band play. Shit life is much safer in Portugal, the real world is a little scary....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

It is but you are stronger than that Chilli and you know it. I imagine you are a bit like a fish out of water away from your daily routine of meditation/yoga and familiar, safe surroundings. Just be very careful and if the tab makes you feel anything I would consider knocking this afternoon in a pub on the head. It is oh so easy to slip again, I should know.

Comment

Dead right, I've perfected my AF routine beautifully and back here it's all different. I AM strong and it would need to be incredibly mind altering to tempt me to drink. I won't take any more.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Good call. Remember if you do go to the pub later and are tempted, think forward say 4 hours to where you know it will lead and then on to how you will feel tomorrow morning in that special split second of awaking and suddenly the realisation will dawn OH SHIT I drank again.......

Comment

You'll be ok Chill! If I made it a couple of weeks in Dublin without cracking-I know YOU can do it (in the UK)! Though I did stay away from the pubs at night. We had lunch a few times at the pub but it was not a temptation-lots of kids and grannies-and I ate loads of food! Speaking of Dublin--:upset:-- I wanna come for the meetup!!! But alas...I am broke. Maybe another time. I know I can't vote but wasn't Oney wanting to try Indian??? A nice Korma (lamb, chicken, prawn?), cheese nan and basmati rice would be a nice first go! Anyway, can't wait to hear about it-hope you have a great time!!! expat3

Comment

Hi Expat, maybe next time eh? Love Indian food, I would be ordering about six dishes if I was let loose. How is the de-clutter going?

Comment

Thanks KTAB. Its actually kinda liberating throwing shite out:H!

Comment

DW is an awful woman for keeping stuff we dont need and will never use, every so often I have a major clear out. It consists of me throwing stuff out and her trying to bring it back in again

Comment

Yep, that's me! But we're moving next month and I really can't imagine packing up all this crap. AND moving it to a new location! So I'm trying to imagine a new start -without the clutter-where I won't want to hide under the table if someone knocks at the door. Don't get me wrong--the house is clean but just cluttered . I'm feeling a bit smothered lately. And being sober makes me want to change my life in a positive way. I've got A LOT of work to do!

Comment

I reckon if it hasnt been used or worn in a year, out with it or give it to a charity shop. Excluding items of sentimental value of course, but that does not include that little black dress that she wore 20 yrs ago etc.

Comment

Oi, I'm not coming so will you set a place for me at the table.
                          I vote Indian.Prawn Dhansak, onion rice,Peshwary naan and no sharing.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

HEY!! That little black dress from 20 yrs ago probably does have sentimental value:H! But I know what you mean! I'm trying not to look and think about stuff too much -and just chuck it into bags! Well, back to work! Later, expatxx

Comment

Well I ignored KTs good advice and took more "happy" pills which are supposed to mimic ecstasy. Not that I'd know as have never tried the real thing. I'm in a pub and I suppose I feel pretty high. I won't drink though I know that for sure. Scary though that I can legally buy this stuff! I don't know if I could trust myself to live over here.....
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

I took some pics of my day climbing Ben Vorlich.
                                My cameras showing it's age but here goes.....
                                The dam at the bottom.

Half an hour later.

Halfway up, having a rest.

Me and my stick at the top...
                                Notice the cool climbing gear and the grey Mountain Man beard I'm cultivating.

Nice view...

The way down.
                                That's the bit I climbed up.
                                Steep innit?

Comment

Working...
                                X