I made 90 days everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made 90 days everyone

I'm going to stop counting days AF now! This is the last one.

And an update of how I'm doing - well I'm feeling much stronger now. I've had a couple of social occasions where alcohol was offered and I happily refused. I didn't go to a wedding reception last night though as didn't feel strong enough for that. I still have 'crutches' though. I have 2 slimline tonics with ice every night, I'm overeating chocolate and sweet things a bit so I've got to curb that as I've gained weight again, and I'm knocking back the coffee a bit more than I used to as well.

But then, my life is chaotic at the moment - we're in the process of relocating to the other end of the country....again, I'm still at home with 2 young children which I find very difficult at times, I can't wait to get back to work, my marriage still needs a hell of a lot of work - it has been neglected for years due to my husbands self employment, but this relocation is going to be the start of a new life for us - it's make or break.

Fingers are tightly crossed next year is a good year for us for once

Good luck to all of you here - MWO really has been my saviour as I have said many times. Everybody's input, good and bad is there for a reason - to help all of us :l
    AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
    One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

I made 90 days everyone

Ah congratulations, thats really brilliant Mrs D, well done you sure sound focused.
    Good luck with the move and be aware it is probably going to be a very stressful time. You know forewarned is forearmed.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Well done! How did you do it? Will power or some medication?

I'm drinking a lot less than I did, but slip occasionally (well, a lot, last Friday...)

90 Days, that's a lot!

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

That is incredible, keep it up always remember one thing that a slight irritation or problem tends to tempt so cool off and stay away from it.
        i have tried and still need to try hard to fight it.

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Great stuff Mrs. D! Congratulation's!
          I wouldn't worry too much about your other 'crutches' for now. They'll most likely find their place as time goes on, and if they help you not drink for now, well i reckon that's important. You can work them out, or fine tune them later. I wish you and your family all the very best with your relocation, and also with your own journey. Well done, and keep it going! G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS MRS. D on 90 DAYS AF!!:yougo::yougo:

This is wonderful news. Keep taking it one day at a time as you get through this huge life changing move. I hope it ends up to be the fresh start that you hope for!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Mrs D congrats on 90 days AF!
              :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

You have done an amazing job and should be very proud
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Excellent going, Mrs. D! Being sober is the best ammunition you have for improving things. Good luck to you!
                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Thanks everyone, thank you for all your kind words and I really appreciate your continued support.

seethepony - I haven't used meds, I guess it's willpower although I was so rundown and ill with anxiety that I think it's more fear than willpower that has helped me get this far. I don't know how many more hangovers it would take to actually kill me and it's not a game I really want to start playing if you see what I mean!
                  AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                  One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

:goodjob: Mrs D,

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 DAYS!!
                      :yougo::yougo:
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

I think I do Mrs. D. My approach was not to deny myself something that I loved and was giving me poison, it was more..."lets not die soon".....Even as I let my self socially drink last weekend fishing (was in control), It wasn't a relief to "get away with it". Hadnt touched it since and don't miss it. But must still watch the triggers...
                        Symbols!

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

FANTASTIC JOB MRS. D
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I made 90 days everyone

Well done !

Comment

Working...
                              X