Angry with myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry with myself!

Ok, so I'm doing really well, not having any al at home even with others drinking at times around me, actually not craving it. But the last couple of weeks, drinks at work on friday afternoons have undone me. Last night was not good. I need to get on here on thursdays & fridays i think - steer myself in the right direction in preparation ...

Am feeling quite ashamed of myself, & angry.

Angry with myself!

I hear you, Blooming Rose. I bought wine last night and drank it and blew my 15 days AF and I'm really cranky with myself. Let's get back on the wagon and beat this thing!
    Hugs
    Mish
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Angry with myself!

Thanks Mish. It's white wine that undoes me, more than anything else. I need to start seeing it as the enemy it really is for me!

Yes indeed, let's stick together here!

Comment

Angry with myself!

I think a lot of good intentions go down the toilet on Fridays. Unfortunate tradition of Western Civilization, I think.

Comment

Angry with myself!

Seethepony;967289 wrote: I think a lot of good intentions go down the toilet on Fridays. Unfortunate tradition of Western Civilization, I think.
          Yeah! Maybe we need a 'fabulous fridays' thread to pick up on as the end of the week looms large!
          I've been more of a celebrations drinker than one who drinks when they're down, so the idea of celebrating the end of the week is a huge temptation. Doesn't help that we have al at work for just that purpose, & most weeks those who are there at the end of Friday have a drink together. It's me who has been most enthusiastic about it tho, I'm embarrassed to say!

Comment

Angry with myself!

That's the problem, when you've been the "life of a party" - or at least the one who can be relied upon to get hammered - you get all sorts of funny looks when you're suddenly abstemious.

Comment

Angry with myself!

Seethepony;967289 wrote: I think a lot of good intentions go down the toilet on Fridays. Unfortunate tradition of Western Civilization, I think.
              It was a Friday that was my last undoing, starting with after work drinks, followed by a scooter prang, and a resignation on Monday over hassles about my drinking. That led to just over a week long binge, culminating in a doctor's visit for withdrawal meds.

Before that I was AF the whole August (although under benzo's for half).

Comment

Angry with myself!

Well here we are again nearly at the end of the week - Friday looms large (at least it does here in Oz, perhaps not quite so largely looming elsewhere!).

Anyone else planning on being seriously sensible for a Fabulous Friday?

Rose

Comment

Angry with myself!

Count me in! Let's make it so fabulous we wake up hang-over free and enjoying that cup of coffee-Saturday morning...Oh, wait... it's Thursday morning here! Okay-I'll pretend it's Friday...
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Angry with myself!

me too!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Angry with myself!

Hey guys, be gentle on yourselves. At least you came back here to start the fight again. Please dont give up - it can be done.
                      I totally understand the Friday night drinks culture here in Australia. I avoided it for the first few months of being AF, but when I got a handle on it, I went just to be sociable. I always had an excuse ready though in case I needed a quick out. And now I can go to the pub and not worry about wanting a drink. It actually has got to the point where it is boring to be with others who are drinking. And boy! do they look and sound stupid!!!
                      Treat Fridays just like any other day of the week and try to forget that it involves sundowners or after work drinks.
                      It might take abit of effort for the first few times, but it is worth the fight.
                      Good luck and keep visiting us here.
                      Hip
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                      X