Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

message to moderator

Sheri;968086 wrote: Spuds,

For whatever it?s worth, I would have expected to get the same message you got if I had posted drunk too. I would have been very embarrassed and upset with myself as well, but I would not blame the message board representative for causing me further upset, nor would I want to argue for the right to post drunk. Message boards need to have rules or they run amuck. I am personally not in favor of people posting while they are drunk and I'm grateful that there are volunteers that monitor the site to make sure that we are following the rules. All they asked is that you not do it anymore. They were just doing their job, which is to maintain the credibility of the website.

Sheri
    This is a site for alcoholics, and occasionally, we slip up. It's not pleasant, but it's the reality of having this addiction. Some people slip up and post very abusive and unpleasant things...and those people should receive a reprimand. Many newcomers arrive at this site bombed out of their skulls. Spuds was not abusive in her posts, and I don't think she deserved a warning/complaint.

Comment

message to moderator

unbelievable. I can't hazard a guess as to the percentage of members who have posted while drinking. But I would say it's high. This is a site not only for recovering alcoholics but for those beginning their journey and for those in desperation. I've been here 3 years and have seen some high and ugly drama. I have seen people post HIDEOUSLY abusive things. I have seen members create new aliases to viciously bash one another. And those people should be reprimanded/sanctioned ... but in this case??

This site is beautiful because it is not "one size fits all" ... no matter that some members would like to decree it so. Someone posting drunk, and not being abusive to anyone in particular, is against "the rules"? That's sad.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

message to moderator

HELPDDESK IS NOT A MODERATOR

OK let's clear one thng up Helpdesk is NOT a moderator, they help with technical stuff, subscriptions and reported spam!

Spud's posts was none one of these..

it is for the moderators to handles these issues, should they feel the need arises..
        AND THEY DIDN'T.......

The help desk jumped in when probably some members pushed the red report button on the top right of the post (which is ment to report spam etc not
        to moderate) because of the language spuds used....but it did NOT warrant a reply from the helpdesk, they should've forward it to the moderartors and they would mave monitored the situation to make sure Spuds was ok and not being abusive..
        which she nver was..

for my twopenny's worth the helpdesk jumped in where they had no business to they are NOT experienced to do that work, ONLY the moderators are and they know this now..

Sapphire 1, did you get a reply to your message you sent ???

This is the reply I recieved:-

helpdesk
        Member Join Date: Apr 2008
        Gallery: 0

Re: who are you??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hi Ladyjan,

Thank you for your two e-mails. To answer your first question the helpdesk is not just one person, but a group of people who do a lot of behind the scenes work here at MWO, i.e., helping people with subscription issues, technical issues, deleting of spam, etc. Things that keep this website up and running smoothly for everyone.

We try not to deal with member issues and keep to the technical side of things, and leave member issues up to the forum moderators, but from time to time we are sent multiple PMs or reported posts from members that require attention. We are sorry if you felt we were out of line -
        sometimes it is hard to know exactly the right thing to do.

We appreciate you being a member here and thank you for the feedback. We will definitely take this into consideration in the future.

Have a nice day!

My Way Out Support

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ladyjan
        I would like to ask who are you??
        I deeply suspect you are a hoaxer considering your last post to Spuds and the message about multi name changes..?????
        If you are genuine please show yourself via email to me recognised from MWO
        If you actually are genuine I would like to say that your message to Spuds was wrong and should not have been sent.

and if you are NOT I think you are an awful low life trouble maker to be posting false comments on a site like this where people come in a fragile state in need of help for a serious problem.

Comment

message to moderator

Oh for dog's sake, can we let this go?????

I don't give a fat rat's clacker who or what a moderator or a help desk or a MWO support is - geeez ... this thread seems to be all about dividing the Forum. Well done!

Focus on what's important. Spuds was never sent to the Naughty Corner or the Time-Out Room. She wasn't banned. Her posts were not deleted. She was sent a PM - emphasis on the P - i.e. "Private" Message. She chose to make it public. No, her "KKKKK" post was not aggressive or obnoxious but was it offensive? Hmm - that's a moot point. Personally, I don't mind bad language. I'm the original foul-mouthed Freda but I totally respect anybody who finds ugly talk offensive. I can imagine there would have been people offended by the language. Sure - we're all alcoholics and people have and will continue to post whilst drunk but just because we're piss-heads, doesn't mean we can't we have a modicum of decorum.

This insistance on flogging a dead horse is annoying the hell out of me.

Starty's mum is dying. Get a bloody grip. And light a candle Group *MWO* Candles - Light A Candle

Comment

message to moderator

I cannot believe that this is still going on and has not been put to bed. it is getting old.

I don't know why the Helpdesk/moderators are getting so much flak..if they have had pm's from people complaining about posts, they have no option but to act on it, which they did in a nice manner, by kindly asking not to post while drunk.

This is not the first time you have posted drunk Spuds and have used language and were incoherant, and whilst that would not bother me, it may be offensive to others.

If a newbie comes here and sees a post like that, what message does it give? Oh....this site obviously doesn't work...Ohh God I want to be in that place where things don't make sense. As I have said, it is not the first time and maybe people just got sick of it.

I have seem horrendous things posted here in my time, from horrific attacks on people to pictures of genitals..all drunken postings, your posts were innocent enough Spuds, but they obviously did get to some people (most prob the language) and they reported you.

I reckon thats whats upsetting you the most Spuds, the fact that the helpdesk got complaints from other people and not the fact that a pm was sent to you asking you not to post while drunk.

Let it go....whats done is done and the fact you drank the next day is nothing to do with MWO, it was your decision.

Every forum has rules and guidelines, MWO is no different, the moderators were quite within their right to send that pm as it wasn't an isolated incident.

I hope you can move on now Spuds because this is doing nobody any good, concentrate on your sobriety and put this down to experience.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

message to moderator

Cross posted Tawny and well said....off to light my candle.
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

message to moderator

tawnyfrog;968167 wrote: Oh for dog's sake, can we let this go?????
                Starty's mum is dying. Get a bloody grip. And light a candle Group *MWO* Candles - Light A Candle
                Yep you're right in all your froginess, I stand corrected..
                Gonna light a candle now......

Comment

message to moderator

In my prayers, Starty. Big hugs
                  :h Mish :h
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                  Remaining a perpetual possibility
                  Only in a world of speculation.
                  What might have been and what has been
                  Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

message to moderator

Thank you for the candles and prayers everyone.
                    They are helping, she does seem more peaceful xxx
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

message to moderator

Candle lighted for Starty's mom. Thinking of you.

Spuds...there is a common story line that occurs when we are in the midst of this disease:

We feel that we can carry on drinking without any consequences.

Sometimes the consequences show up in unexpected ways.

When there are consequences, we try to explain it away and/or we get angry and blame others.

M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                      X