Its time to walk the talk!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been putting this off for 24 hours ........

I got totally wasted on Saturday night at a charity do - total black out - I can only remember the first hour, needless to say yes I feel like death. I have complete shame and guilt, one for being a loud mouth and very rude to some people but more than anything I was with my daughter!!!! I know this feeling will pass in the next couple of days but I really need to remember this, hence why I'm documenting it.

I have accepted I am an alcoholic but in 7 months the most stretch of AF time I have ever achieved is 10 days!!! Ok I get a few 3 or 4 day weeks in but its not good enough.

I am making a vow to myself today that I will do anything it takes to get sober, I have got a book of AA telephone numbers so I shall be ringing them later to try and find a meeting, this is something I really didn't want to do but I have to get serious and as my title says ITS TIME TO WALK THE TALK.

Thanks for listening
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Good for you Panno....behind you all the way hon xxx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good for you Panno,
      Time to throw everything you've got at this.
      In the past I've rung the AA on their central number 0845 769 7555. They'll take your number and someone who attends AA near you will ring and even take you to your first meeting.
      Whichever way you choose to get AF Panno, you know you've got our backing all the way.
      J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Panno - you can this, it's hard but beatable. Behind you all the way!
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi All
          Panno you have been here for 7 months and aren't happy with your progress. What can you do ? Well exactly what you are doing! Reassessing your situation coming to terms with this problem with a new awareness and putting a new plan into action. You will be successful because you are not just stopping here at MWO. The fact that you are willing to do what ever it takes will have you walking the walk.
          We all learn from each other at MWO. Panno has come to terms with the fact she needs something else added to her plan. She has been here for over 6 months and is not were she would like to be. Have you been here for over 6 months and still haven't made progress. What are you going to do different this next month to help you reach success?Their are many other programs out their that combined with MWO might be your answer.It can get cozy here, maybe to comfortable, this can become a road block.Use that mirror and look into it and ask yourself am I doing all that I can to be successful.
          Get tough with yourself it is a matter of life or death.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Good on you Panno - I'm pleased to be following this post by Caysea. It was a previous post by you Cay that I really woke up and smelled the coffee, it was along the same lines as this one. In other words, if we are here for quite a while and we have not achieved quite a while of sobriety, then this is not enough (I hope I'm paraphrasing correctly Caysea?). Yes, this is a great place to come and meet likeminded people, but if it isn't in conjunction with stopping drinking the next step be it AA or whatever is necessary. Sometimes Panno, it takes a bit of a nightmare experience with drink to really make us realise where we are with it - I hope this is your wake up call - good on you girl!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

:h Panno, I am so sorry you had this episode and are feeling so awful. However, it seems you are ready to put sobriety in the first place in your life. It has to come first, and you are so worth it. Best wishes and :goodjob: on your new resolve.
              :h Mish :h
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Panno,

Great that you've made this decision. I called AA and arranged for someone to take me to my first meeting - they are very happy to do that - and that really helped me overcome my nerves about it.
                Oh, and when you get there, it's fine.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Panno, I'm glad to see you wanting to pull up your big girl pants and make some changes. I too agree wtih caysea. It's pretty easy to find someone who had a slip to commiserate with and sort of float along in the direction of repeat performances. Time to do more. Don't forget some of the essential threads like the toolbox and https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html. Time to get on with it!!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Panno...have you considered antabuse?
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words and support it really means alot, I don't normally open up my feelings much and this is one thing I will have to work on, I tend to bottle things up. Another reason why I need to go to AA.

Oh and just to make me feel really bad and ensure I keep up with this my daughter who I was with on Saturday is 6 months pregnant and had to look after me and get me home safe.......should have been the other way round!!!!!

Mama, I have thought of Antabuse and will speak with the doctor on my next visit, but to be honest I have fought against it because I have a bad stomach and prone to ulcers (no surprise there then!!) but if thats what it takes I will

Thanks again everyone :l:l
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Panno...come see us in the ass in gear thread...made some comments there.....love you baby
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Panno, that "hitting bottom" part is really gut wrenching. While I'm sure it was horrifying to go through that with your daughter, I'm guessing that nobody will be happier than her if that experience leads to a sober Mom and prosprective Grandma. :l

I used to think AA was the most gruesome thought ever, and that I would NEVER do it. But I'm glad I finally went as it has really helped me a lot. It's been great to make friends locally who don't drink and who completely understand me. Don't know if it will be that way for you too, but why not give it a whirl. Can't hurt.

That willingness to do whatever it takes was sure a necesssry component for me. I think that will serve you well.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thinking of you Panno. You have a great focus now. Stay in lock step with it. I wish you every success...Jiohn xx
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

oops

Panno;968284 wrote: Thanks for all your kind words and support it really means alot, I don't normally open up my feelings much and this is one thing I will have to work on, I tend to bottle things up. Another reason why I need to go to AA.

Oh and just to make me feel really bad and ensure I keep up with this my daughter who I was with on Saturday is 6 months pregnant and had to look after me and get me home safe.......should have been the other way round!!!!!

Mama, I have thought of Antabuse and will speak with the doctor on my next visit, but to be honest I have fought against it because I have a bad stomach and prone to ulcers (no surprise there then!!) but if thats what it takes I will

Thanks again everyone :l:l
                              hi pan,life is what it is,ive recently, lerned to look in the mirror,specially,when i;m in a bad state,which is is never lately, lmconfront my demon,that was the hardest thing,for me.i havent totally stopped nor do i want to,ive also been sober,dry what ever you want to call it,for up to, 2years, but like stopping,i beleive they call it boundaries ?,over time ive been thro hospitals,clinics,rehab detox ,AA and here,youl get no compassion better then here,:H:H:Hi , wish you well gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X