X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its time to walk the talk!!

I'll walk with you, Panny.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ok time to really dig deep at the moment.........hangover from weekend now wore off, had a shit day at work, row with partner, big boss coming for a meeting tomorrow to no doubt lecture me....... and yes you can guess the bloody AL brain is saying HELLO!!

So just took 1000mg of L Glut
      kicked the office bin from one side to the other (that one felt so good :H)
      Having a Kentucky Fried Chicken tea mmmmmm needing stodge right now (will but some watercress and tomatoes on plate to at least make it look healthier!!)
      And I have a yoga/polatis (gosh can't even spell it!!) dvd to do later on

Wish me luck!!
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Good luck Panno, sounds like you have alot of options in place. Will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Comment

Panno ......... I only just saw this......

Hope that you are doing OK .....

BB xxx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Wow I did not realise this thread was started September last year!!!!!

But I finally did it....that telephone number I had in my bag all this time I finally rang them and went to my first AA meeting last night.

I have never been made more welcome by the lady who answered the telephone. (will just add here it was the same reception as MWO :h) I can not believe the reception I got, a lady who did not know me from Adam not only immediately made me feel at ease she also invited me to her home (she would normally have come to me but she has a broken ankle at the moment) an hour and half before the meeting and we instantly hit it off! I even got soup and a sandwich..

So I would say to anybody reading this right now the moral of this post is to say NEVER EVER GIVE UP

P :l
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Bloody good work Panno!!! Delighted for you!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

wehey panno.. well done you. sounds like you had a really positive experience
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Way Hey Spuds how you doing....My gosh can't believe it I was only thinking about you this morning ...you must have been sending me vibes across the bay :l

Comment

Panno great to see this post!
                    I think the biggest emotion which helped me in the beginning was "relief", relief that there were other people out there in the world who felt like me. My addiction was my own silent and dirty secret for so many years and to reach out to other people who understood and had the same feeling that I had was a huge stepping stone to my sobriety.
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Pan, hope that good feeling you told us about earlier is still there for you today. Now you have a person you can sit with and really connect. There are SO many ways to work on ourselves, it's about finding the RIGHT way for you. But never forget it takes work, there are no 'magic' cures.
                      As to your daughter, I can tell you from painful, hurtful experience: If you don't make changes it will damage or destroy your relationship. I'm still rebuilding mine, and am over the moon that I will have her 3 children this weekend. There have been periods of time I couldn't be alone with them, much less drive them anywhere. My biggest regret, but regrets are only good if we learn from them. I hope it is ONE of your driving forces, but ultimately, it's about ourselves. Doing it for any other reason causes more problems when we haven't resolved things about ourselves.
                      This is a very good thing you've decided. A big thing. And you're acting on it.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh and WELL DONE on booking the meetup, cannot wait to meet you!!
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1078447 wrote: Oh and WELL DONE on booking the meetup, cannot wait to meet you!!
                          Hear Hear:goodjob:
                          Well done I often think of you Panno as you were around when I came here and was struggling.
                          See you in Dublin

Comment

Why o why is day 4 so fecking hard!!!!!!!!!! I've almost bit my tongue off here chewing it...roll on 5 o'clock when I can get in the pool. Digging digging deep.....the good thing is though I will get comfort food later and can say sod the calories :H:H

Comment

:goodjob:
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X