popping off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popping off

hi guys, im posting this so no one worries as i know how it is when a regular doesnt post.
    im gonna pop off for a while to sort myself out. ive caused a bit of upset the last few days which i never wanted to do.
    ive got a bit of personal stuff going on and my head is really not in a brilliant place at the moment. i really need to remember that this is a site for alcohol problems not a self help therapy for ducks with their feathers a bit messy.
    ive become very attached to this place, reading and posting daily and because of this the likelyhood of me coming and posting when im in a state is likely to happen again (not that im gonna ever drink again of course). so i think i had better detatch for a while (if i can, perhaps this is my new addiction)
    its really not fair to others for me to come here when im feeling so sensitive and is of no help to people starting on this journey.
    just wanna thank you all for getting me started in my quest for sobriety.
    I COULD NEVER HAVE GOT THIS FAR WITHOUT YOU.
    time for a nana nap now.... spuds :l :thanks: :new:
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

popping off

Hey Spuds, dont stay away for too long....

Hip xxxxxx
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

popping off

Big hug, Spuds! You sound like you're head's in a better place already. Lot's of rest, and see you soon! Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

popping off

Spuds, don't waddle too far away.

:h Mish :h
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

popping off

OK but not for long, alright? We can't spare many birds.
          :h
          Coco

Comment

popping off

Spuds, we all love our rubber duckie.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

popping off

Hey Spuds....don't stay away too long. We will miss you....
              AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

popping off

spuds i don't think you should go sweetie. if anyone needs our support right now it's you. i hope you reconsider darl x
                The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

popping off

Spuds...please take care of yourself, but don't stay away too long! We need you around here :l
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

popping off

girly wirly;968426 wrote: spuds i don't think you should go sweetie. if anyone needs our support right now it's you. i hope you reconsider darl x
                    I'm thinking Girly is right Spuds. xo This site has helped you come as far as you have. Where else can you read and post about a problem that everyone can truly relate to? While I don't condone drinking and posting, I understand how that happens. As someone said, we will need to have BAL devices installed to ensure sober posting. I also understand the views of those who have "arrived". I'm sure they only want to see us all get to that place too. All the best whatever you decide!!:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

popping off

NOOOOOOO Spuds....we need you and you need us....and Tigger will miss you
                      I know you're feelings are hurt, but put your big girl panties on and stay here with us......
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

popping off

Hey Spuds- You said you would be gone for a while- sometimes it's good to take a step back and reflect on things...
                        So, do what you have to do and then come on back-
                        All the best,
                        Fluff
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

popping off

Spuds, all the best with whatever stuff you are sorting. Remember that AL never helps. Hope you are back in action with us soon.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

popping off

Well Spudulike,
                            Take care of yourself little duck, don't let what has happened in the last few days lead you down the rocky road to a full blown relapse, because that would be a crying shame.

Just a thought have you thought about going back to your AL counsellor (drink shrink) I remember you were enjoying those sessions.

J x
                            :l
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

popping off

Spuds, thinking of you, look after yourself.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X