Liver Enzymes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Enzymes

The human body is amazing. Had blood work done back in July when I was getting totally loaded daily and between the CBC and CMP 18 of the 33 things measured were over or under the reference ranges. Especially worrysome were the elevated liver enzymes.

Key liver enzymes after two months of sobriety:

Test / Reference / July / Sept

ASP / 40-115 / 115 / 79
    AST / 10-35 / 136 / 10
    ALT / 9-60 / 124 / 9
    Bili. / .2-1.2 / 2 / .4

The only thing to worry about are the triglycerides - I thought they were elevated due to the alcohol but I guess not. Now I'm at 2 of the 33 things measured and barely over the reference ranges on those.

Doc was happy, I'm happy
    Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Liver Enzymes

Thank God it is so resililent! Before I quit my doc said my liver was Barleeeeey just a bit bigger than usual. I thought it would've been a third damn leg before long.

Great job!
    Symbols!

Comment

Liver Enzymes

Well done! I was compared to Georgie Best last January and by May everything was mad normal!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Liver Enzymes

Great news! Go liver!
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Liver Enzymes

That's awesome, RV! "Dear body, thanks for being so forgiving." :goodjob:

I'm actually looking forward to the Q&A at my annual physical this year: "Do you smoke?" "No." Do you drink? If so, how much?" "No. Nothing."

xoxo Pride
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Liver Enzymes

And lest we get cocky,

My sister had a very good friend who was a total chronic with alcohol. She got sober for a number of years and jumped back into it full force. Within 6 months she was dead. Her body just couldn't take the instant abuse again.
            ODAT Baby!
            Symbols!

Comment

Liver Enzymes

and this one time....at band camp......kidding
              Symbols!

Comment

Liver Enzymes

Yup, there's only so much forgiving a body's gonna do.
                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Liver Enzymes

symbols;969052 wrote: And lest we get cocky,

My sister had a very good friend who was a total chronic with alcohol. She got sober for a number of years and jumped back into it full force. Within 6 months she was dead. Her body just couldn't take the instant abuse again.
                  ODAT Baby!
                  You got that right. I used to play games with myself in the past - CT of the liver OK, liver enzymes not off the charts, ultrasound OK - drink away.

Stupid drunk reasoning.
                  Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

Working...
                  X