Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th September

Good morning lovelies

First of all lots of prayers and strength for Mr Stirly and Mammy Starty (and their carers )

Just up for the meds admin for my mum and hoping someone is around
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Just woken up choking. Giving her morphine, putting her on a nebuliser then an hour or so of opxygen works really well. She should be abhle to sleep again in a while
    We are sleeping on chairs as she cant lie down. The occupational health came yesterday and are going to get her something to adapt her bed so she can sit up. Hope it doesnt take too long. And something for the toilet cos she cant always get off it.
    Just trying to work out how to wash her later on. Eventually someone will come in to help, but I dont know how long that will be. Soon I hope, never done this before and I hope im doing it right

Comment

Yesterday they started talking about commodes, she got soo upset...
      But I guess we have to face it

Comment

Good morning Starts and Zen, I'm up early-could not sleep but feeling ok. Just saw the news about Stirly's husband. So sad-I hope he's doing ok. How are you feeling Starts? Are you getting any rest?

Comment

Hiya Expat
          Yep, I sleep in between meds and so does mum.
          I cant make any adaptions to her bed really cos its got to be safe and sturdy. Plus while shes sitiing up she can cough up the clots (sorry)
          The district nurse is coming back thursday, dont think she does the washing, we will have to manage until a carer comes in. They are putting an urgent request this morn. They only assessed her yest
          Its cos this is happening so fast. On Sat, she could shower. Now she cant

Comment

Hey Zen! I went to bed at 10pm last night (very early for me) and now its 4:40 am here in Paris. I'm wide awake-no sense staring at the ceiling. I'm gonna start some coffee. I'm up now.

Comment

Everytime I get off the sofa, one of the dogs nicks it

Comment

Gonna go make some coffee but a quick comment on the bathing--is your mum shy about being bathed? Because they make some kind of smock thing so she would not have to be completely naked for the bath. I helped take care of a old lady in our neighborhood when she was ill with cancer. She was 90 yrs old, never been married and all her family was gone. She was very shy about the bathing so the smock helped out a lot. ok-I'll be right back:h

Comment

expat3;968844 wrote: Gonna go make some coffee but a quick comment on the bathing--is your mum shy about being bathed? Because they make some kind of smock thing so she would not have to be completely naked for the bath. I helped take care of a old lady in our neighborhood when she was ill with cancer. She was 90 yrs old, never been married and all her family was gone. She was very shy about the bathing so the smock helped out a lot. ok-I'll be right back:h
                  I dont think she will like us bathing her, but I think its a case of needs must. I helped her dress yest amd i think she prefers me to my bro. She cant actually get in the bath so it will be a chair at teh sink somehow or a bowl.....
                  God knows, I will work on the idea :new:

Comment

Zenstyle;968848 wrote: You need to be quick. Pretend you're throwing a bone over into the corner...
                    Too late, he is snoring :H
                    Anyway I took a pic of him all cuddled into a blankie will upload it tomozz if I get a chance from home

Comment

Yeah, she'll be grand with a nice sponge bath-maybe with a few drops of essential oils like lavendar or neroli to relax. Glad you still have the dogs with you. They can be such a comfort. Don't know what I would do without my little pugster.

Comment

Yep, will do that later on before bro gets here.
                        Also I am worried about letting him do the night shift. He tends to panic and it doesnt help mum, but of course he wants to help. Rich thinks I should stay here all the time....

Comment

The dogs are the best. They are a distraction and the face of normality. Mum loves them here

Comment

Yep it is, he stayed over the weekend, we are going to do a night each. I guess I just worry but Im sure hes just as capable as me

Comment

Well, I'm going to clean the fridge. Might as well do something useful since I'm up! I'll be peeping in and out here. Hope you can sleep a bit when your mum settles down, Starts.:l

Comment

Working...
                              X