Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'M BACK....365 DAYS W/O MY POISON (RUM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so proud of me!!!!! It took me having to go to the ER 8/28/09 to scare me into not drinking. I was on and off doing good then doing bad. You know how it goes. I had test after test and I was scared I had killed my liver. NOPE my liver is doing fine.

I had so many test and I had to go to the ER in severe pain 2 more times. I have Gastroparesis. It's a slow to empty stomach. I couldn't eat anything with fiber and fiber is supposed to be good for you.

Anyway everybody has their story and that is mine. I feel better now. I can eat pretty much what I want after months of eating Yogurt and chicken. I hated chicken before and now I hate it more! LOL

I just want to thank the folks here who inspired me. Even when I didn't post, I read. If I can do this anyone can. My husband said he is going to take me out to eat tonight to celebrate. I asked can I have a Rum and Diet Coke? He just looked at me. I said "I"M KIDDING!"

Edited to add: I was looking at some of my old post and I saw some saying the last time I drank was Oct 2, 2009. So maybe I don't have a year yet. My calender shows today is a year, so I'm going with that.
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Good for you!!!! Congrats!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congratulation's April!

How did you do it? Keep it going.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

That is fabulous aprilmoon!!!! I'm thrilled to hear that!!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

That is fantastic and thanks for coming back to share :yay::yay::yay: Enjoy your evening
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

April, that is TOOOOOO fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad you came back to share, because you are a beacon of light to so many here.
            It is wonderful you took that scare so seriously. Many don't, and it takes so many more episodes to get through. I'm getting chills just thinking of what a wonderful step you have taken.
            The main thing now is to NEVER let yourself get back to that situation. I can only imagine the wonderful changes you have been through this year.
            Thank you, again. And Bless You, and a happy journey through the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That's wonderful, great job !!
              Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

Congrats, April
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

BTW: Keep us up-to-date, hon, unless you're busy out living your sober life!!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

April that is wonderful!!! You rock!!!!

Comment

Thanks! I have lost 10 pounds due to my stomach issues and no rum. Woo Hoo for both I guess.
                      I've stopped drinking and started back up so many times. Usually I would worry I would go back to drinking. This year we have had both of my step sons living with us at different times to detox off of pain meds. I saw the agony in my husband's face during this time. It was something I didn't see on him when I was drinking. I guess because I was to busy getting drunk. I don't ever want to see him look at me that way.
                      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Aprilmoon thats fantastic, you should feel very proud. I love hearing the success stories.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Yep!
                          Me too

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story!!!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi April! Long time no see! That is fantastic news , so happy for you - hope you have a great celebratory meal tonight
                              AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                              One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Working...
                              X