On The Road Again REALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went off my bike around 11:30am today. Just a few minutes after leaving my house. I was taken to ER due to head injury & other nasty stuff. CT scan showed no internal bleeding just mild concussion. Much thanks to Giro for the fine helmet. I also have five stitches over my left eye, bruised ribs, and much road rash. I left enough epidermis on the pavement to attract carrion feeders. I was riding on a back road when a car came backing out of driveway too quickly. I thought I?d pass them but their fender caught my rear wheel. The driver was extremely upset and confused because I was not responsive at first. Fortunately for me this person was extremely considerate, kind, and helpful and used my personal ID when they contacted emergency services.

For the most part I?m pretty damn uncomfortable, but so thankful I did not fracture anything. I?m not a superstitious person but first my car was hit, now me on my bike? I may have my palms read once they heal.

Techie

For anyone who hikes, bikes, runs, or travels the backcountry I strongly suggest purchasing one of these ID's...

Road ID® USA's #1 Source for Runners ID, Cycling ID & Medical ID Tags
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Glad you're OK Techie!
    Helmets save lives - I always wear one on my horse or my bike. I'll send your link on to cyclist buddy.
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

So glad you are ok Techs!! and THANK GOD you were wearing a helmet!! I have it drilled into my kids heads.

Love to you xxx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

so glad to hear you are still with us techie buddy rest well and heal... and be very thankful... love and big big hugs
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh Techie! Ouch! I'm soooo glad you are okay! Take care of yourself, rest, and get better! :h
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Feel better techie - lots of love and healing thoughts, hugs and prayers coming to you!

Love, Sun xx

P.S. SO pleased you were wearing a helmet!
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Glad to hear you are going to be ok!
              ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

I'm OK just sore and a bit pissed. I'm in bed with my laptop, books, and a bottle of percocet. This is not the first time I've been injured doing this stuff. When you do the triathlons, training injuries are an occupational hazard.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oh Techie thank God you are ok, scary to end up in ER, I cycle 3 to 4 times a week and I am ashamed to say I only wear a helmet when I go on off road terrain. I always have my mobile with me and a business card.

I would say the Universe is asking you to take better care of yourself :l
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Techie - rest up and heal quickly! Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet. Sounds like you are surronded by everything you need (laptop, books, percocet). Take care of yourself.
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Hope you heal quickly! So sorry for your mishap-hey was that before or after you posted to the " thread killer" thread?-might want to watch out for that -could be a jinxed thread...( I got a super nasty cold today, so it must be jinxed...)
                      Feel better!
                      Fluff
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Oh My Techie!!! Sorry to hear about the accident but GLAD to hear you were wearing a helmut!!! May this be the last of your "accidents" for a while!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

wow techie. Glad that you are okay! I hope its the last too.
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Oh Techie, how scary! Its one of the reasons why I always do the bike section of triathlons so slowly (Yeah, right :H:H .... that and being on the wrong side of 29 an a big wuss!!:H:H)

You are going to buy a replacement helmet right? And, I have to ask ....... has the bike got injuries too :H

Rest up and recover well :l
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Glad you survived Techie. Coming off a bike is no fun. Other road user's, i.e. car's, are a constant worry.
                              Wishing you a speedy recovery.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X