Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasoning for assueance

:notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Reasoning for assueance

Hi Theme,

Are you ready to stop yet? I don't get a sense how you really feel about this, whether you want to stop or not.

What have you tried in the past and had success with? Have you tried anything?

When I wanted to quit I used a real scattergun approach and threw anything I could think of at the problem to see if anything worked - support groups, counselling, hypnosis, meditation, exercise, medication etc etc. When something didn't work I dropped it and moved on to the next thing until I found what helped me. Some people are much more methodical and sit down and write a plan.

You can beat this but you need to be ready and you need to start finding out what might work for you. Are you ready to do that?
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Reasoning for assueance

Wow, sounds like you have a very understanding Co worker Theme.

I don't know much about alcohol withdrawal as I have never gone thru that but I do empathise. I also know it can be very dangerous just to stop from what people have said on here.

All I can do is hope that you seek help hon, it sounds like you cannot do this alone. What about rehab? Not sure if you have tried that before?

There are many different levels of alcoholism, some of us can give up with little problem and there are others who are further along in their disease and need help to stop.

Please seek help Theme, you are a wonderful human being and you are killing yourself.

I care.

Oney xx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Reasoning for assueance

Thank you for your tender replies and delicate wisdom.

I should not have posted.

I have sent a private message to a trusted individual of honor and am in process of help to delete.

There is more to this story and I was lacking the expansion and expression of myself and will attempt to better that action.

Thank you so~

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Reasoning for assueance

Theme I don't know you or what you posted but I wish you clarity, strength and support!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Reasoning for assueance

I am in effort to eliminate my post.

I love your quote from Saint Francis. I pray the prayer from this saint as I recall it.
            I wish to be an instrument of peace~

I am starting to do what is necessary and that is to not post while seized.

I look forward to suddenly doing the impossible under someday a posts titled "Possible"
            and the let the consequences fall as they may and will.

My brother, Steven was remembered today. Inspite of his handicaps he remained a spirit so bright. I did not honor him as best .

I pray to do better.

Comment

Working...
            X