OkSOBERfest Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OkSOBERfest Challenge

sapphire1;983725 wrote: Love this post Tech....loooovvvvveeeeeeit. Spent last evening trying to impart some live in the moment wisdom to my boys...amidst a blazing row that they were having about the past. old wounds if left to fester, grow into huge chancres on your soul. Unresolved hurt, perceived injustice etc. eats away at the very heart of our being. Oh well they are young and fiery and hopefully with some more life experience they will acquire this timeless wisdom.....It is hard for parents to have to let their kids learn the hard way....would be so much nicer to short circuit the pain that seems to be inevitable in spiritual transformation. Sorry for the heaviness of this post guys. Have a wonderful...present day, Saffy:h
    You are such a warm open and honest person. I am always amazed by your posts. Never change, and know that you contribute so much to this community. I am proud to call you friend...Techie!!!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

techie;983777 wrote: You are such a warm open and honest person. I am always amazed by your posts. Never change, and know that you contribute so much to this community. I am proud to call you friend...Techie!!!
      Well thanks for that Techie. And I am proud to call you friend as well:h
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

techie;983733 wrote: Spent part of the afternoon with my 15 y/o daughter who continually rejects me. The mom just just does not help at all. This is absolutely the toughest thing I have to deal with.
        My heart goes out to both you and your daughter here Tech. 15 years olds are at the crossroads and already have a lot of emotional/hormonal turmoil..have you tried to write a letter to her and express your sadness? I dont understand why parents do this with their children. Maybe her mum doesnt realise what pain she is causing?
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 18

Beyond stuck
          You are capable of much more than just getting by. You have it in you to prosper and to triumph.
          If you feel stuck where you are, that means your dreams haven't been big enough or meaningful enough to push you persistently forward. Use that uncomfortable feeling of being stuck as motivation to expand and to solidly connect with your most authentic dreams.

Take full responsibility for what you've done and for where you are. Then take full responsibility and make the commitment to fulfill your most valuable and treasured possibilities.

Painful circumstances and periods of misfortune can be very difficult, but they're not what have held you back. What has held you back is that you've chosen to ignore or discount your most compelling reasons for moving forward.

If you feel stuck, that means you are ready. That means you know deep within that you must do whatever it takes to bring your dreams to life.

Reach inside, touch your true dreams, feel your authentic purpose, and step boldly forward. There's no reason to be stuck for one moment longer.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Hi everyone. I just got into the Phoenix area. Beautiful day, but a bit bumpy coming in over the high country. Hope all is well and I'll hopefully check in tonight!

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Hi Techie- Enjoy Phoenix! Liked your last Thought for the day..very motivational-thanx.
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

fluff;984376 wrote: Hi Techie- Enjoy Phoenix! Liked your last Thought for the day..very motivational-thanx.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Hello folks. Hope everyone is well. I'm very busy since we have two locations here in Arizona. I hope to hear from some of the folks who haven't posted recently. The month is moving very rapidly, too rapidly. Will check in later today!

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 19

Subjective reality
                    If you're having a difficult day, is it the day itself that's difficult? No, it is the way you perceive and interpret the events of the day that make it feel so difficult.
                    Remember that you can always change your perception. You can always choose the way you interpret and respond to whatever happens in your world.

Those who make a habit of achieving great things operate within exactly the same objective reality as everyone else. What sets achievers apart is a more positive, empowering subjective reality that they create with their own perceptions.

Much of what happens in the world is out of your control. Yet all of what you do about whatever happens is yours to choose, to direct and to perform as you please.

Decide to see yourself as empowered by events, and you will naturally take empowering, effective actions. Focus your subjective reality around the values and goals that are truly meaningful to you, and through that reality you can employ those values to achieve those goals.

Look at life with a positive, purposeful perspective. And make reality work for you.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

techie;984784 wrote: Subjective reality
                      If you're having a difficult day, is it the day itself that's difficult? No, it is the way you perceive and interpret the events of the day that make it feel so difficult.
                      Remember that you can always change your perception. You can always choose the way you interpret and respond to whatever happens in your world.

Those who make a habit of achieving great things operate within exactly the same objective reality as everyone else. What sets achievers apart is a more positive, empowering subjective reality that they create with their own perceptions.

Much of what happens in the world is out of your control. Yet all of what you do about whatever happens is yours to choose, to direct and to perform as you please.

Decide to see yourself as empowered by events, and you will naturally take empowering, effective actions. Focus your subjective reality around the values and goals that are truly meaningful to you, and through that reality you can employ those values to achieve those goals.

Look at life with a positive, purposeful perspective. And make reality work for you.
                      Hi Techie, this is interesting stuff indeed. My son is under the usual end of year exams pressure. He is saying things like: I hate school, I am under so much pressure from the teachers who expect so much of me etc. etc. I had this conversation with him on Sunday about subjective reality, and how it is not the event or the circumstances that create suffering within us, but our reaction to it. His negative feelings towards things that are out of his control are creating pain in him unnecessarily. We discussed acceptance versus resistance, and empowerment versus being a victim of circumstance. I think this dialogue has put these issues into perspective and given him another point of view, hopefully releasing him from pain.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Great post again saff. I think some of the stuff (wisdom) that we try and impart on our kids has to be self learned. The good thing is the parental advice does eventually sink in and then they have that "light-bulb moment" I think life is much tougher for young ones today, but they're exposed to a world of information that didn't exist when we where young. The pressures are always there, and good for you to deal straight with a converation. I always liked my moms point-of-view.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Good day folks. I've been busy here in AZ. The good news is I've come up with some targeted plans that just may save some headcount reduction. There appears to be some redundancy in several work flow processes. I am going to quickly draw up a business plan proposal to share with my governance team. I also have some bad news, I had to fire a call center director. This individual was filing fraudulent expense reports. Since this individual had a considerable span of control, it will be a task back fill and manage moral with the downsizing looming. Other than that I had a chimichanga for lunch, saw my former casa in Scottsdale, and will be leaving for San Antonio tomorrow. What I didn't do was golf. Oh well, next time. Have a wonderful one folks

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 20

Understanding why
                            If you have the desire but lack the skill, the strength of your desire will push you to develop whatever skill you must have. But if you have skill and no desire toward which to use it, that skill won't do you any good.
                            The desire to achieve is what drives achievement. Other factors are important, yet without sufficient desire the achievement will not happen.

Before you focus on how you will do it, be sure you're clear about why you must do it. Before you gather the tools and resources, gather your thoughts and feelings about exactly what purpose you intend to fulfill.

Competence and effectiveness come from knowing what and how. The driving energy to persist comes from understanding why.

You must have passion to successfully work through all the obstacles that stand in your way. And that passion comes from purpose.

The most fundamental necessity of any undertaking is to understand why. Once you know why, the power of your purpose will put all the other pieces into place and bring the achievement to life.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

I hope everyone is doing well. I've decided to cut my trip short and head home tomorrow. I've had some intermittent pain in my right thigh the past few months that has worsened. It began suddenly weeks prior to the Malibu event. Now, I'm limping around and I'm very uncomfortable. I will schedule an MRI for next week. Well, I do hope to hear from some of you AWOL folk

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 21

Successful habits
                                Whatever you do again and again turns into a habit. And your habits have a profound effect on the quality of your life.
                                Look honestly at what you do each day. What things are moving you forward, and what things are you doing that keep holding you back?

Your actions are yours to control. And your habits are yours to develop or abandon.

Though habits rarely come or go overnight, you can indeed choose and control them. Add an empowering habit, or get rid of a destructive one, to dramatically improve your life.

Even a small positive habit will make a big difference. Because each time you do it, you steadily add more power to it.

Think of what you can do, beginning right now, to add a habit of success to your life. And watch as that small success, done again and again, turns into plenty of big achievements.

Comment

Working...
                                X