OkSOBERfest Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OkSOBERfest Challenge

mama bear;977135 wrote: I have not posted here as I have made a home on a few other threads but I think it's great!! The support and encouragement are fabulous!!!
    Techie, I was sorry to hear about the layoffs you have pending. I will never forget the night my father came home after laying off 40 people. He sat on the sofa and cried.
    Have a great fishing trip.
    So very kind of you to post mama. I'm better today. Yesterday I was in a terrible funk. I don't go funk level too often so I know when it's bad. Anyhow, I'm very excited about the weekend. Enjoy yours as well...John xx
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

K9 I'm with you! Friends with babies who ask if I want to hold them, I run a mile....
      Promise to show me a puppy and I'm away with the bad man in the dirty raincoat! :H
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

I must be some sap. My ovaries ARE drying up and I still love to snuggle and rock babies.
        Have a good weekend folks.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Yea,am sober but with some drink. Can I say that? Am not violent. ..
          Kota
          If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Hello Kota. I hope you can put down the drink and reevaluate your goals. I'd like you to tap into that strength and energy that you had last week. If there is anything I can do to support you from here, just send me a msg. I will be in/out of comm signal range this weekend but I will respond. I wish you well my friend!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Morning all,

I'm with you RC complete smoocher with the babies. Cant wait to get some grandkids, but my four sons have other ideas. Tech so glad that the weekend holds some fun and peace for you after your funk. Kota, you can dig deep and put down the drink...think about how you want your weekend to turn out...do you really want to wake up tomorrow felling terrible? I will be here on and off today, so PM if you need to talk. Everyone else sharing this Oksober challenge...strength and love to you all, Saff x
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

I stop for babies and puppies. It's other adults that give me the heebie jeebies!

Beautiful fall New England day, and happy to be enjoying with a clear head! xoxo Pride
                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Kota-
                  How are you doing right now?
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 9

Simple pleasures
                    When you place too many conditions on your enjoyment of life, there is no enjoyment. You can end up working so much to get the conditions just right, that there's no time left to really enjoy yourself.
                    Let go of the need to have everything just so. Simply and fully enjoy being where you are.

In every moment there is beauty. Rather than striving to make that beauty into what you think it should be, just enjoy it as it is.

Happiness is not something you must prove. Find enjoyment in simply letting it flow.

Instead of working to do happy, be happy. See that the possibilities for joy are far greater than anything you could ever contrive.

There is plenty of joy to be lived in this moment. Let the uniqueness of the moment help you discover new ways of tasting life's real pleasures.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 9

Simple pleasures
                      When you place too many conditions on your enjoyment of life, there is no enjoyment. You can end up working so much to get the conditions just right, that there's no time left to really enjoy yourself.
                      Let go of the need to have everything just so. Simply and fully enjoy being where you are.

In every moment there is beauty. Rather than striving to make that beauty into what you think it should be, just enjoy it as it is.

Happiness is not something you must prove. Find enjoyment in simply letting it flow.

Instead of working to do happy, be happy. See that the possibilities for joy are far greater than anything you could ever contrive.

There is plenty of joy to be lived in this moment. Let the uniqueness of the moment help you discover new ways of tasting life's real pleasures.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Thought For Day 10 (in advance)

Expect more
                        This is already a wonderful day. Expect it to get even better.
                        There are many interesting and useful things you already know. Expect to learn even more.

You've successfully navigated through every past challenge. Expect to reap even greater success from the challenges you now face.

There is already great value in your life and in your world. Expect to create even more.

As good as life is, you can make it even richer and more fulfilling. Expect to move forward today and you'll find a way, no matter what, to make real progress.

If you knew without a doubt that you would get what you expect, what would you expect? Truly expect the best of today and you'll find those expectations leading you steadily forward.

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Hi all. We are in for some lunch. Fishing is productive. Some decent blue fish and some sporadic stripers. Looking for the big guys. This eveing we'll fish off the jetties and in the morning on the kayaks again. The weather is perfect. Have a great day!

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Techie-sounds like just what you needed. I'm happy for you. Catch a big one!!

Day 6~~have a great weekend folks!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Morning all,

Sunday in Aus so a very chilled out relaxed day ahead for me. Techie can you catch me a fish,I feel like fish for dinner tonight. Have an inspired and wonderful day today my friends.
                              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

OkSOBERfest Challenge

Morning all. After a very chilly morning, and a wonderful ocean swim, I'm heading back home. The water is still remarkably warm. Fishing was very slow early today, but last night we all caught stripers.

Comment

Working...
                                X