Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

natural way to stop craving !

Hi all,

I have just been practising to fill the stomach up when I feel it empty and it really stopping cravings.
    -I have purchased so many things I like and put in the fridge.whenever I feel craving I start eating snack, juice, fruit, and food.if you are fatty or have any other diseases you can choose your combination accordingly.
    -If we are not at home , we always can carry a bag up with us with the stuffs we like to eat.
    -In my recent experience, we should not provide any space in our stomach for alcohol until our body and mind adjust its chemical patterns and reduces craving gently..
    Just to share with you its totally my own perception ,though somewhere recommended it as a tool.
    Kota
    If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

Kota,

Good healthy balanced nutrition is a key component in managing cravings. Here is an excellent link on the subject WHFoods: What to eat to help prevent alcohol cravings and withdrawal

Techie
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

you are on your way Kota. That is an essential tool for many aspects of health. Good work!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thank you Tachie and Ringing Cedars,
        Anyway no space for alcohol in our stomach, space is available only for supplements ,healthy and non addictive edibles.
        Kota

Comment

so simple but true Sheri..lemons should be a staple in every household.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi Kota, great work on fighting your cravings. For me, cravings were a large problem. I would get them so strong, even at work, and in the old days, they would last until I was home from work and drinking beer.

On this site, many kind people, helped me learn about "urge surfing". Treating each urge like a wave, and mentally picturing it really helps. A wave has a height (or strength), and is has a length of time, and then it will pass. For me, stopping and thinking about this concept, allowed me to surf the urge, and let it pass. This gave me power. Knowing that urges will come, and trying not to hide the fact from myself also helped. It is normal, and they will come. Ride them.

I found that after the first month, the strong urges (out of the blue sometimes) started to decrease in strength. The social triggers still remained, and that was my next battle. All the best,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

HI Kota,

How are you doing today? Did you make it through the day without AL yesterday?

Yes, filling the stomach works. So does staying busy.

Best to you!
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

For me it helps to keep my blood sugar level too, so eating small snacks frequently is good. Hunger for food and cravings for alcohol can feel like the same thing to me.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                - Vernon Howard

Comment

My friends,
                  I'm ok, no worry!
                  How r u these days?
                  I'm not lurking with alcohol.
                  Enjoying a lot.
                  Thanks 4 yr support. Keep it up as well.......kota

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing well Kota! Just stay busy this weekend, eat and rest when you want, and the urges will get less and less. Have a great sober weekend!
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sounds like you are doing well Kota! Just keep taking it one day (or hour or minute) at a time!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Very helpfull. The intense craving is what I give in to even though I have no love for the taste of alcohol. I don't drink enough water, nor do I eat well.
                        I have resolved that part of this struggle is physical in nature.

Continuing the fight~
                        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Hi Theme,
                          great to know that you do not have temptation to the alcohol! !! We everybody fighting for that. ...may I ask were you alcoholic before if so could you share how did you manage to be A. Free.
                          Thank you for sharing,
                          Kota

Comment

Working...
                          X