Dazed and Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazed and Confused

:new: Hi All, New here and just trying to find my away around the site. This is my 3rd day alcohol free and I am FREAKING OUT!!!! Depressed, angry, bitchy, tired, etc. etc. Been waiting on my Topiramate for 3 weeks and have had two very bad drunken episodes during that time. Just trying to keep my sanity and it's not working so well. Anyway, it's good to know I'm not alone in all this crap.

Dazed and Confused

Hey chooch, No you are not alone. I dont know if this is your first time being AF but just stick with it. The first month was really difficult for me and I was an emotional wreck. Euphoric one minute and doiwn right depressed the next, then wanting to rip someone's head off the next.
    I am alot more stable now and alcohol hasnt got a grab of me like before. Not saying that the temptation is never there but I have really mellowed out in comparison.

Stick with it. The battle is really worth it. x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Dazed and Confused

Welcome Chooch,

YOur feelings are very common and normal when coming off alcohol. Well done for three af days. Hopefully your topa will be here soon so that you can make a start with it. It is hard to relax when you are withdrawing, but just knowing that this will pass often helps. Your brain and body are under going some serious rewiring and the confusion is all about just that. Are you drinking plenty of water and eating healthy food. If possible do some relaxing activities such as long baths/showers. Easy walks inthe fresh air, listening to calming music through headphones and watching T.V. Keep checking in here to receive lots of help from the wonderful folk here.
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Dazed and Confused

Hi Chooch! It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster, and I was so used to numbing my feelings (even good feelings) with AL that I had no clue how to cope. I'm learning slowly. One of the things that helped me the most the first month was coming on this site and reading or posting...seeing that everything I was going through was normal and that other people had experienced it/were experiencing it too. It really calmed me down when I was freaking out. Good luck with everything and congratulations on 3 days AF!
        Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

Dazed and Confused

Hi Chooch.

Well done on your decision to change your life.

The first few weeks are a mixture of different emotions and feelings as you slowly learn to live without the effects of AL.

Read the book, get the supplements suggested, exercise, drink lots of water and most importantly visit us here as often as you need to. We have all been where you are now and understand.

Good luck with your journey.

Hippy
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
          X