Army Thread 3rd October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 3rd October

Hi Starty, are nurses not back till tomorrow now? Is your brother there to help you?
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

I thought I had posted already but I'm on my phone so I may have done it wrong!

Starty give her a peck from BB as well and the biggest hug and admiration for you .... you are a darling and the best daughter she could ever wish for xxx

Miss B your idea is great and it makes me proud to be an alcoholic and having met such a caring group of people xxx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

We kind of said our goodbyes yesterday. I reckon she must have known. I was able to tell her she was the best mum in the world and I loved her. I never ever thought I would be able to say those words. But they came easily, among a bucketful of tears. She just held me, like I was a little girl again. Was so comforting.

Nurses back tomorrow and emergency doc on call if necessary. My brother is here. We are both going to stay until she passes away.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Big peck for Mammy Starty from BB coming right up

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

betty boop;972606 wrote:
            Starty give her a peck from BB as well and the biggest hug and admiration for you .... you are a darling and the best daughter she could ever wish for xxx
            I reckon so too ......
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

startingover;972608 wrote: We kind of said our goodbyes yesterday. I reckon she must have known. I was able to tell her she was the best mum in the world and I loved her. I never ever thought I would be able to say those words. But they came easily, among a bucketful of tears. She just held me, like I was a little girl again. Was so comforting.
              Starty this is so so beautiful and special and will be in your heart forever :l
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

I think this is so good for those of us who are still to go through this ordeal. I'm learning a lot. Thank you.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Your welcome Tawny
                  The weird thing is, wondering whether people actually want to hear it. You know? I dont want to upset anyone but its so helpful to be able to share whats going on as it happens.
                  Also there are many funny, and touching moments. Its not all doom and gloom if that makes sense?

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

My father died nine years ago and we never resolved our differences. Left a load of things unsaid which I regret every single day.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Starty you are really helping me by sharing, there are so many things we don't discuss and I think it's good for all of us to share our feelings here...
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Tawny, that is very sad.
                        Chilly, I am happy to talk about any aspect of this if it helps

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Starty, I know exactly what you mean. It seems like it cant make sense to anyone else, but it does. And having you talk about what is happening for you is a privilege for all of us. Its something about being human and being fully human. Which we get to be when we are sober.

My brother's death is still very recent and I'm thinking a lot about him today. I hope that doesn't sound self-indulgent or vicarious. He and my dad will be amongst the hordes that welcome your Mum to her resting place.
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Missy, no, it sounds lovely. I have been talking to people who have never come to terms with deaths of their loved ones, and my experience is helping them to talk and deal with their own emotions

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Starty I feel honoured that you have shared your journey with us ..... I will never forget this .

Hugs for you and mammy xxx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Army Thread 3rd October

Thanks BB
                                She is getting so many hugs and kisses from everyone on here, I bet she is wondering whats going on

Comment

Working...
                                X