Minimal Cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimal Cravings

Today is day 18 AF, and I have almost zero cravings. A friend popped by on Friday night, but didn't come in. He had a beer in his hand, and more out of habit than craving, I had a 'flashback' of how nice it would be to also have one in my hand, I would pop round to his place for one...then a millisecond later I remembered I'm AF and that was that.

This reinforces my assessment that my habitual drinking was more 'survival' than psychological addiction. I only need alcohol after a binge, to mitigate withdrawals to where I'm functional again. Of course, after a heavy one, by the time I'm functional again, my inhibitions have been taken care of and the party goes on. If I had a smooth supply of Valium, I could have a proper binge and stop drinking on Sunday, taking a Valium to restore functionality. Of course that doesn't really address the whole problem, and I have been compulsive with the Valiums as well.

Minimal Cravings

Sheri;972306 wrote: Hi Brady,

LOL...a proper binge.

What an oxymoron that is!

Sounds like junkie thinking at work to me! Good on you for seeing that!

Sheri
    Well, maybe I can rephrase that to "a solid binge"?

BTW, when I get to my first modding phase, I think keeping some emergency Valium at hand will actually help me. Even if I don't go "proper", I might have what used to be only a few beers and still feel shaky the next day (probably Sunday, as Saturday is the last day of the week I will drink), and a "little helper" will help me avoid that fix-up beer on Sunday.

Comment

Minimal Cravings

I don't plan on drinking to the point of feeling shaky the next morning, just as I don't plan on popping the Valium, but I'm willing to risk the Valium to minimise the harm of alcohol if I do on the off chance slip up with my moderation.

Comment

Working...
      X